GDT: Game 39: Nashville Predators Vs Vegas Golden Knights | High Noon | Good bye 2022

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I forgot it was this early but apparently we have not had a good game, I've only seen the third.

Almost stole two points judging by everything I've heard about it.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I forgot it was this early but apparently we have not had a good game, I've only seen the third.

Almost stole two points judging by everything I've heard about it.
First two period weren't bad all things considered... but you know how this team goes home when they get a lead.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
First two period weren't bad all things considered... but you know how this team goes home when they get a lead.
Yeah, I don't know what they do about that. No trade will fix it, maybe getting healthy but it seems like that's a coaching problem to solve.

Escaped this with two points at least.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think Phil is safe for the next few games but when our forwards get healthy, is he scratched?

Are the injuries the only thing keeping him in the lineup?

I think moving him to bring in a different forward, especially if it's Tarasenko or Kane level but doesn't necessarily have to be, makes this team so much more well rounded. When healthy.

Reactions: RapidKnight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think Phil is safe for the next few games but when our forwards get healthy, is he scratched?

I think moving him to bring in a different forward, especially if it's Tarasenko or Kane level but doesn't necessarily have to be, makes this team so much more well rounded. When healthy.

When healthy I'd still have him in there. There needs to be at least one or two forward additions to push him out. You can't have Kolesar + 1 or 2 of the Henderson plugs all in the lineup. I'll sacrifice the defensive miscues to have someone in that spot that can actually make a play with the puck once every 5 games.

Once everybody gets back here they should try Cotter-Eichel-Kessel. At home especially you can use that to let Eichel feast on bottom 6 matchups. Ultimately though they have to bring in a rental top 6 forward. They do have to figure out if that is going to be a winger or center, which is why they should get a look at what they could do with Eichel away from Stone when he gets back.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
When healthy I'd still have him in there. There needs to be at least one or two forward additions to push him out. You can't have Kolesar + 1 or 2 of the Henderson plugs all in the lineup. I'll sacrifice the defensive miscues to have someone in that spot that can actually make a play with the puck once every 5 games.

Once everybody gets back here they should try Cotter-Eichel-Kessel. At home especially you can use that to let Eichel feast on bottom 6 matchups. Ultimately though they have to bring in a rental top 6 forward. They do have to figure out if that is going to be a winger or center, which is why they should get a look at what they could do with Eichel away from Stone when he gets back.
Right now the bigger problem is that our goaltending the last few weeks has not been very good. I think Thompson will be fine eventually, he is in my estimation a true #1 goalie, but his positioning is bad and at least two of the Preds goals were stoppable.

It's a bit frustrating to watch with so many out, but we're learning who has some potential and some of the Silver Knights are gaining valuable experience. In particular, I really like Miromanov's game.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Solid performance by Hague. However I still noticed on opposition long dump ins Hague has a tendency to stop skating when he anticipates the goalie to play the puck. It allows forechecks to swarm him easily and forces a loss of possession way too often and easily. I don’t except defense to be perfect but it would nice if he wasn’t contributing to our inability to leave the defensive zone at the very least.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021

Amadio has earned a spot for the near future which hurts his odds but as long as Stephenson stays a center I think he is safe with Røndbjerg (or Howden) next in line to displace him.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Amadio has earned a spot for the near future which hurts his odds but as long as Stephenson stays a center I think he is safe with Røndbjerg (or Howden) next in line to displace him.
I think if all four injured forwards come back and Stephenson stays at center he's got to be out. At least with how he looks now.

Howden can slot easily into the 4C spot between Carrier and Kolesar, freeing up Roy to play right wing. The only place Kessel is any use is RW, and we'd have Stone, Smith and Roy as options above him and he's not a fourth line type player so even Kolesar would probably stay in that spot.

The LWs being Amadio with Stephenson and Stone, and Cotter with Eichel and Roy. There would possibly be space there but Kessel was terrible at LW and I'd probably prefer Amadio and even Cotter to him on current form.

Reactions: RapidKnight

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
I think if all four injured forwards come back and Stephenson stays at center he's got to be out. At least with how he looks now.

Howden can slot easily into the 4C spot between Carrier and Kolesar, freeing up Roy to play right wing. The only place Kessel is any use is RW, and we'd have Stone, Smith and Roy as options above him and he's not a fourth line type player so even Kolesar would probably stay in that spot.

The LWs being Amadio with Stephenson and Stone, and Cotter with Eichel and Roy. There would possibly be space there but Kessel was terrible at LW and I'd probably prefer Amadio and even Cotter to him on current form.
I agree with everything. If Roy is a RW, which is very plausible, Kessel should be scratched for sure. If not he should still but will probably get the benefit of the doubt if it’s only marginal difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad