GDT: Game 39 - CBJ vs. Chicago Blackhawks (Sunday Dec 29 5pm)

99 CBJ

Mar 7, 2009
Columbus
Well, if not for dumb penalties by Wennberg and Jones we would have won it and you know that
Maybe not if there had been some kind of offence in the 2nd & 3rd. Two periods of letting the Hawk do whatever they wanted and just chipping the puck out or icing it doesn't work and we have shown that for Torts entire time here.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
They should probably get a vet goalie from the AHL. VV needs to keep playing and Kiv isn't the answer. They can get a vet backup for cheap and give Elvis his chance. No sense hampering guys development in the AHL to sit on the bench in a season that really had no expectations.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Had to run out for the afternoon so I missed the game. Just caught up.

What the shit.

And sounds like Torts just let loose with some wrath of God level shit at the refs.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Maybe not if there had been some kind of offence in the 2nd & 3rd. Two periods of letting the Hawk do whatever they wanted and just chipping the puck out or icing it doesn't work and we have shown that for Torts entire time here.
You keep referencing a poor second period and the stats don’t support that. The Jackets did what was needed that period.

The third period did see our offense go dry, but we took 6 minutes of penalties in the last half. Granted Gerbe’s was offsetting but going 4 on 4 vs the Hawks puts them on the advantage because of their open ice skill. But I do think we both turtle and tire a bit which puts us in the D zone too much and Torts falls in love with Foligno, Boone and Wennberg to emphasize D, but part of that is a function of all the call ups.

ironically we’re what, less than .2 seconds from an OT win. Don’t get me wrong. I hate the loss but I’m not going to dump on Torts when Jones and Wennberg (and Foligno) are screwing up taking penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
.8 seconds at the end of the game when CHI had a penalty was not added back to the clock... We missed a goal because the clock ran out..

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Torts.jpg

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
If what Torts says is true with the time, it does make you want to hear an explanation from the referees and the NHL why the 1.1 seconds weren't added back on the clock. "We're just not going to do it" doesn't sound right to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad