GDT: Game 39: Bruins @ Sabres - 12/29 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Please guys....... the direct immediate blame here is on Eichel, Skinner, Risto and Hutton. Shit happens in a hockey game. Refs, bad calls, mid level players not playing to they ability or potential. You play through it.

But this game was still winnable in the OT except the above 4 screwed the pooch completely in the last sequence.

That was inexcusable from losing the face-off in the Bruins zone to backing in too deep to not controlling the shooter after he takes the shot to Hutton giving up a crap rebound.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
The NHL is so predictable its all based on the score.They would call some Boston penalties because they were losing.I told my buddy we are getting a penalty we did.I told my buddy here comes a makeup call yep.If we had any pp at all we can have 10 more points.However since management still thinks we are rebuilding they won't make moves.I just can't picture us making the playoffs with a roster of Sobotka,Pominville,Okposo,Elie taking regular shifts.Management doesn't care plain and simple

Reactions: Fearnot and Kyndig

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Please guys....... the direct immediate blame here is on Eichel, Skinner, Risto and Hutton. **** happens in a hockey game. Refs, bad calls, mid level players not playing to they ability or potential. You play through it.

But this game was still winnable in the OT except the above 4 screwed the pooch completely in the last sequence.

That was inexcusable from losing the face-off in the Bruins zone to backing in too deep to not controlling the shooter after he takes the shot to Hutton giving up a crap rebound.
Horrible rebound control all night by Hutton.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The only consolation is The leafs are down 4 - 0 to The Islanders late in the game...
PreviewInstanceData

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not talking about catching The Leafs, or The Islanders, , just my dislike of the Leafs.

Plenty of time to get separation or even fight for a spot. If we’re trending downward come end of February, then I’ll worry. That 10 game streak afforded us a cushion for the season for a portion of the season like we’ve seen lately.

They need to figure out how to correct things though right now.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Literally everyone can see what is wrong with this team and what the obvious corrective action to try and stop the bleeding should be except the two people who matter. I don't want to hear about the refs or bad luck, we got a point we in no way deserved.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
Please guys....... the direct immediate blame here is on Eichel, Skinner, Risto and Hutton. **** happens in a hockey game. Refs, bad calls, mid level players not playing to they ability or potential. You play through it.

Except it was Dahlin who’s been a defensive tire fire recently, not Risto

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Plenty of time to get separation or even fight for a spot. If we’re trending downward come end of February, then I’ll worry. That 10 game streak afforded us a cushion for the season for a portion of the season like we’ve seen lately.

They need to figure out how to correct things though right now.

Were it the last few days of the season and we need Toronto to win I'll feel differently.

Obviously we need to get back on course currently. If we don't it's going to be a painful second half of the season.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Winning isn't correlated 1:1 with deserving to win. That is the annoying thing. We have lost games we deserve to win. We have won games we deserve to lose. The sabres may not have deserved to win today, and maybe they deserved to lose, but that doesn't change the fact that officiating would not blow their whistle on any of 3-5 calls in our favor, and then gave the bruins a pp with a minutes left on nothing to a worst degree than what they were doing.

That's why its frustrating.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
i was watching at a bar with no sound and the guy next to me thought the skate to Sams ankle was the cheapest play he had ever seen and he was a Blackhawks fan. The ability of a team with less talent to negate the advantange of a more skilled team by clutching grabbinf and obstructing is why this league is still out of the main stream.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad