GDT: Game 38: Vegas Golden Knights @ Seattle Kraken | 12PM PT | Winter Classic

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
:vegas :seattle: But Gary, where do we play?

shrek-outside.gif

1704098484094.jpeg

1704098534809.jpeg

WC1.JPG

WC4.JPG

WC2.JPG

WC3.JPG

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Listen to 32 Thoughts podcast today.

Cassidy (IIRC) mentioned their normal traveling party is 50, but for Winter Classic, it's 200. Lots of family too.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Very embarrassing performance. There wasn't the compete level to even make it a game let alone win.

Effort level has been atrocious considering they had three days before and two days after with no other games.

The team has been average to bad pretty much the whole season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If this team wants to suck, then let them.

Just hope they are not surprised when they see that the point gap they had between making the playoffs and missing the playoffs is not as high as it use to be.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If this team wants to suck, then let them.

Just hope they are not surprised when they see that the point gap they had between making the playoffs and missing the playoffs is not as high as it use to be.
I would prefer we confine our sucking to straws and vacuum cleaners.... failing that at least let the other goalie score.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
What this team needs is a Reilly Smith to help balance the top nine.
I've been saying on Facebook that I'd hope Pittsburgh could trade him back if/when they decided to start selling, but I watch a few of their games and he is clicking with Malkin and they look like a borderline playoff team, so I think it unlikely. But we really need another scorer if we hope to repeat. I suspect we trade Martinez to clear cap space and slot in Korczak/Hutton

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I've been saying on Facebook that I'd hope Pittsburgh could trade him back if/when they decided to start selling, but I watch a few of their games and he is clicking with Malkin and they look like a borderline playoff team, so I think it unlikely. But we really need another scorer if we hope to repeat. I suspect we trade Martinez to clear cap space and slot in Korczak/Hutton

Martinez is really the only one we could trade to free up space.

Howden at 1.9 doesn't free much and his ability to play C and LW, anywhere from the 2nd to 4th line is valuable. Not to mention he plays a good physical playoff style game, is good in the defensive end, can play the fourth line type of game and is a PKer for us.

Kolesar at 1.4 isn't really freeing up much either.

But if we are willing to pay for double retention we don't need to move anyone beyond sending Korczak down and waiving, or more likely trading, Pachal.

Even though I don't think Martinez to Hutton (with Korczak as 7D) is that much of a downgrade at this point I think the management and locker room like Martinez and that could convince them to keep him seeing as his contract is expiring. Not to mention moving Martinez to free space to bring someone in could cost something anyway.

Some interesting names to me would be Adam Henrique or Anthony Mantha double retained, or Jason Dickinson, Daniel Sprong and Sean Monahan with some retention could be cheaper options. There's also Tarasenko double retained.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
No doubt Martinez is a warrior and well-liked in the room, but that's never stopped management, who are rather cold-blooded but that's what it takes in a cap league.

Henrique and Monahan could be interesting, particularly the latter. Mantha does nothing for me and he's I think over-rated because of his size and I think he's signed for a couple of years over 5 million, if I'm correct.

I like Howden due to his versatility too, but you can trade Koleslaw for a used Winter Classic jersey, a 4th line of Carrier-Roy-Howden is fine. I really had hoped we'd have signed DesLauriers when he left the Ducks, he might be too costly now.

In any case, despite some recent woes, I see defense as a strength. Our current problem is really lack of scoring and poor goaltending past Hill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad