Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - Ugh - New Jersey 5 BRUINS 2 F - We're on to Buff-a-lo

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Hopefully nothing long-term with either player. Burns me up that nothing was called on that hit to Marchy late in the game.
How about the elbow to Donatos face right in front of the Ref , leading up to the last Devil's goal!
I still believe the B's are being treated unfairly by the officials because of Marchys crap over the years.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I was debating with myself last night whether I would stay up to watch this game but seeing as I plan to stay up to watch the Buffalo game on Saturday I decided to hit the hay. I dodged a bullet there.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I still have a sour taste in my mouth. How do you lose to that Jersey team, and that goaltender shouldn’t post a .952... like... ever.
Don't worry it's only momentary. His GA and Saves percentage will change against teams with better forwards than the Bruins have.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
How about the elbow to Donatos face right in front of the Ref , leading up to the last Devil's goal!
I still believe the B's are being treated unfairly by the officials because of Marchys crap over the years.
Maybe the team should get pissed off and do something about it.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Classic.

More players taking advantage of Bruins. Donato was hit with a greasy shot to the head as well, then 5 seconds later the Devils score.

Wish this team had any sort of stones outside of Kevan Miller.

Especially when the NHL openly does not give one shit about this O6 team.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No supplemental discipline for all the devils headhunting last night, OBVIOUS.
I fixed it for you. The NHL and its DoPS and even the "union" are obvious in their hate for Marchand and the Bruins in general. Jacobs doesn't seem to care. Neely and Sweeney probably can't do/say anything without the owner giving the okay and as long as it doesn't hurt their bottom line they DO NOT CARE. What Jacob's needs to realize is that when his star players are taken out the Bruins have less chance of making the playoffs and the $$$ associated with that. I guess as long as the profits from an $8.00 hotdog etc keep rolling in they're good with that!?!

Reactions: TCB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Well at least Tuukka was in a good mood. I have never seen him so friendly.

I hope he plays the game of his life tomorrow and gets the start in the WC.

Halak has been great, but didn't look too good last night.

Time for Tuukka to re-gain the clear cut #1 spot.

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
Listen fellas, let's be reasonable here. I understand the angst and passion totally. I guess I have just progressed from being ticked off at all of the slights to resignation. The way I look at if the GM, coach and owner don't say boo about all of the liberties that are taken against the players why should I waste my energy?
Bring back the halcyon days of Harry Sinden berating the officials, Don Cherry, Pat Burns et al. They didn't always win, but damn, some people in that organization really cared. Now, it appears the coaches and management walk around like they're above it all and their @*%! doesn't stink. It's sad.
/rant off

Last edited:
Reactions: missingchicklet

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Just found a clip of the hit. Not sure why this wasn’t brought up on the broadcast last night? I don’t recall anyone from NESN saying anything about it

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I totally agree. To those Marchy haters he does NOT deserve it.
agree that the double standard from the league is ridiculous, but Marchand has brought this on himself to some degree. That elbow on Johansson was disgusting and the Devils just did exactly what people here have been begging the Bruins to do for years.

The officials should do their jobs and call it evenly, but I can't get too mad at the Devils for giving Marchand some of his own medicine. And I get it, Marchand is who is his and it's part of his game blah blah, but I don't buy it. I can live with the antics, the licking, the yapping, even the slew foots and spears. That's hockey. Throwing wild elbows at non-physical players is a total dirtbag move and makes me sick. That's the one time Marchand reminded me of Matt Cooke and I can 't tolerate that as a fan.

So yeah if any other team takes a run at Marchand then as a Bruins and Marchand fan I'm livid. But if it's the Devils then I honestly can't blame them. It's just unfortunate that the league let's it slide because that's a BS double standard. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Another concern- Halak is starting to struggle too.
That's Halak in a nutshell.

He can be a great backup, or even a 1B goalie.

But if he plays more than 40 games in a season or too many games in a short period of time (be a starter in other words), his play really suffers.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Don't worry it's only momentary. His GA and Saves percentage will change against teams with better forwards than the Bruins have.
He's been phenomenal today against CAR.

This isn't a nobody. He was the #1 or #2 goalie in his draft class.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I still have a sour taste in my mouth. How do you lose to that Jersey team, and that goaltender shouldn’t post a .952... like... ever.
What about a 1.000 %

Shutout today (though to be fair, there was a goal disallowed on a shakey interference call).

1st career shuthout, 1st Star
Now 1.25 GAA
And .963 %

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->