Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - Ugh - New Jersey 5 BRUINS 2 F - We're on to Buff-a-lo

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Couple head shots and high sticks went unnoticed in this one, but the Bruins were dreadful. Slow and disinterested. New Jersey seemed to win every battle, got to every loose puck, and won the body positioning on every play.
Yeah other than a few players,they didn’t seem to interested in this game did they.Too bad because every point is going to be important,as to whether they make the playoffs or not.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I haven’t been watching Eriksson much these past three years. I have a feeling I’d actually hate that contract more (considering I didn’t even want him staying when he was producing at a moderate level).
Moderate level, eriksson was 2nd in scoring the last year here and a beast on the PP (10goals) and Pk, let me know when Backes is 2nd in scoring, his is the worst contract we have signed, no contest. backes is not better then Riley Nash or Nordy

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ugly is the right word for this game

It was a frustrating game watching on tv so it must've been really frustrating watching in person

Brad got his bell rung but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays next game
Well at least Tuukka was in a good mood. I have never seen him so friendly.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Moderate level, eriksson was 2nd in scoring the last year here and a beast on the PP (10goals) and Pk, let me know when Backes is 2nd in scoring, his is the worst contract we have signed, no contest. backes is not better then Riley Nash or Nordy

Eriksson doesn’t do anything NOW is the issue.

He’s basically become a more expensive version of Jimmy Hayes.

As terrible as David Backes is, he has a beating heart, and isn’t some 6’3” 170 pound stick figure.

Reactions: Top Shelf Wrister

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Couple head shots and high sticks went unnoticed in this one, but the Bruins were dreadful. Slow and disinterested. New Jersey seemed to win every battle, got to every loose puck, and won the body positioning on every play.
Their #44 pulled some dirty stuff. Miller got him pretty good.

I hope Brad is OK. I did NOT like seeing him limp down the tunnel:madfire:. I am REALLY sick of the lack of calls when he gets abused. I am fine with the stripes calling Brad IF he does something but them letting the other teams abuse Marchy (and Pasta) Really pisses me off :madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You need too have the players believe in you and respect you to be good coach and I feel the top players on the Bruins, Cassidy has that, but when he's changing his lines, and his line-up in the bottom 9, way to often, it tends to make players squeeze their sticks a little tighter than usual, as their putting undo pressure on them selves to succeed.

I totally agree with everything else you stated especially that raw raw guy. What I come to find out by Playing and Coaching its usually comes from one who's more into themselves than actually coaching.:laugh:
Good post but I also think you need someone behind the bench who presents a calm and trust in his players and shifting them so quickly can do a bit of harm to that but I think we are a long way from Butch losing this group

Reactions: TCB

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Their #44 pulled some dirty stuff. Miller got him pretty good.

I hope Brad is OK. I did NOT like seeing him limp down the tunnel:madfire:. I am REALLY sick of the lack of calls when he gets abused. I am fine with the stripes calling Brad IF he does something but them letting the other teams abuse Marchy (and Pasta) Really pisses me off :madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire:

Scary thing is he wasn’t limping...concussions make you lose your balance and muscle control so it looked like he was limping but he was just showing instant side effects of a brain injury

I’m very worried for him he’s had a few concussions in the past

I hope I’m wrong but that’s what it looked like to me live I’d love to see a replay of the hit and him leave the ice again seems no one has it

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I missed what happened to Marchand, can anyone explain?

Cheap head shot with exactly 1 min left in the 3rd I believe Zajac but may be wrong

Was skating zig zags had trouble making it to the tunnel...team doctors immediately jumped out of the stands and went to see him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad