Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - Ugh - New Jersey 5 BRUINS 2 F - We're on to Buff-a-lo

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Too many low level players on the roster to be a real contender. Kuraly is terrible. Backes isn't an NHL caliber player any more. Most of the young guys have regressed. DK is back to sleepwalking through after a 2 week hot streak. Chara can't skate any more. Halak looked shaky all night. It is what it is. A very flawed roster providing inconsistent play.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Too many low level players on the roster to be a real contender. Kuraly is terrible. Backes isn't an NHL caliber player any more. Most of the young guys have regressed. DK is back to sleepwalking through after a 2 week hot streak. Chara can't skate any more. Halak looked shaky all night. It is what it is. A very flawed roster providing inconsistent play.

playing at a 95pt pace so far this season. 97 was lowest that got in last season,

Reactions: LSCII

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
not only does he slow things down, but there was about fifteen times he just throws the puck into open space hoping someone would go get it, but in reality he is just giving posession back to the devils, so now they can come into the zone with speed while the rest of the b's scramble to get back into position

Carlo does the same thing.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
A penny for Bergys Krejci and Charas thoughts being forced to skate around with this clown show put together by the 3 stooges in the front office who shouldn't be allowed to manage an NHL team. Id demand a trade while still in the last part of my prime

Reactions: LSCII

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Marchand leaves game woozy with head injury; refs ignore the penalty!

Maybe Backes was serving some justice to Coleman since the refs sure and the hell weren't

Been happening all season. I've lost track of how many times he has either been high sticked or hit up high without a call. Many times a ref is looking right at it. Clearly a sick agenda. Good thing we have a front office that says nothing publicly and a calm gum chewing coach who very rarely sticks up for his players in a noticeable way when they are getting blatantly screwed. Sure seems to be working.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Been happening all season. I've lost track of how many times he has either been high sticked or hit up high without a call. Many times a ref is looking right at it. Clearly a sick agenda. Good thing we have a front office that says nothing publicly and a calm gum chewing coach who very rarely sticks up for his players in a noticeable way when they are getting blatantly screwed. Sure seems to be working.

Well Said:

Its like its become open season on Marchand and the league has sanction it, but nearly as bad is the Bruins management, for not coming to his defense.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Good he deserves a suspension
I think he will get one. He should be a first time offender but the discipline system is broken. I would bet 1-2 games.

Still infuriating that Donato was hit/cross checked in the head minutes before and not even a call leading to the game ending goal against.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Well Said:

Its like its become open season on Marchand and the league has sanction it, but nearly as bad is the Bruins management, for not coming to his defense.

Yes. I don't blame other players for taking their shots on Marchand and the league office disciplining him as often as possible. The officials not doing their job on the ice however is inexcusable and embarrassing.

The NHL has bigger problems I suppose but the officials should be near the top of the list even so.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes. I don't blame other players for taking their shots on Marchand and the league office disciplining him as often as possible. The officials not doing their job on the ice however is inexcusable and embarrassing.

The NHL has bigger problems I suppose but the officials should be near the top of the list even so.

Yes. That's it.
If Marchand does an infraction he usually gets penalized as he should and he tends to chirp and he often gets penalized for that as well but way too often other players get away with liberties on Marchand and nothings called, total lack of professionalism in the officiating.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I still have a sour taste in my mouth. How do you lose to that Jersey team, and that goaltender shouldn’t post a .952... like... ever.
The first line kind of sucked,and when that happens our goalie has to be great or we’re in trouble,that’s pretty much the Bruins in a nutshell.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Couple head shots and high sticks went unnoticed in this one, but the Bruins were dreadful. Slow and disinterested. New Jersey seemed to win every battle, got to every loose puck, and won the body positioning on every play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad