GDT: Game # 38 - Rangers vs Pittsburgh - 7pm - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Again, if your assessment of Quinn is correct, isn't it incumbent upon management to fire Quinn, and if they are aware of what you seem to be aware of, and not firing him, isn't it 100% Gorton's fault that an incompetent coach is keeping his job?

I really don't see another way to look at this.
Quinn is serving a purpose, if he's not fired in the offseason, especially if other good coaches become available, then yes, it's a management issue.

The other alternative would be to get Martin's other half. A good offensive assistant to take control of the teams offense. Just have Quinn as the face and 'developer' who holds the clipboard for his 'assistants' during timeouts .

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
6-2 loss

Strome and Rooney with the goals.

KK, AL, and VK will be almost invisible.
And, with a total ice time of 30 minutes, will be criticized for their lack of contribution. Which is likely true oft AL. But KK and VK have looked better than fine. Essentially VK was demoted despite a solid debut! Why?!

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
And, with a total ice time of 30 minutes, will be criticized for their lack of contribution. Which is likely true oft AL. But KK and VK have looked better than fine. Essentially VK was demoted despite a solid debut! Why?!

DQ , "we will probably change it during the game but we think it gives us the best chance to win"
Umm what?

Reactions: CasusBelli and bl02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Transition defense or offense? Because Vally said our transition offense is great.
our counter attack offense is good. This team always does well when things 'break down'. Even our PP looks good when things get hectic, (was another major strong suit with ADA as well).

but transitioning from our zone/set breakouts/the full 200ft is amateur imo. It's a flat and vanilla attack

We have dynamic talent and it shows when 'things don't go as planned' or off of turnovers

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I still don't really think that Panarin and Kakko work that well together. They both want to have the puck on their sticks all the time. They still have good games together, because they're Panarin and Kakko, but it doesn't feel ideal to me.

It's nice for the kid to be getting those bigger minutes and to be getting on the scoreboard more, but giving him a chance to carry the Kid Line again isn't the end of the world.

My two main issues with Quinn right now are tied to not giving Gauthier a real chance with some job security for a stretch of games, and trotting KZB out there night in, night out, whether they're invisible or not.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
F2363B43-116C-4F6E-8FEA-2E0FCA6F2726.png

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Having spent some time in that business, I'll opt for the opinion of the books over the opinions of fans, especially those that have a personal interest in the outcome.
Hence my "I wonder what they know" comment. I wasn't trying to be a know it all douche

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I still don't really think that Panarin and Kakko work that well together. They both want to have the puck on their sticks all the time. They still have good games together, because they're Panarin and Kakko, but it doesn't feel ideal to me.

It's nice for the kid to be getting those bigger minutes and to be getting on the scoreboard more, but giving him a chance to carry the Kid Line again isn't the end of the world.

My two main issues with Quinn right now are tied to not giving Gauthier a real chance with some job security for a stretch of games, and trotting KZB out there night in, night out, whether they're invisible or not.
My issue is that if things continue to go down the same path then Kakko won't get much of a chance to carry the kid line. They'll be lucky to get 10 minutes. Now, if quinn moved him down so the kid line can play actual third line minutes then I'm not complaining because I also don't feel like Kakko is the best fit on that Panarin line at this point in his career.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Makes zero sense.

Kakko was scoring goals with Bread and Strome.

Kravtsov had a solid debut.

And Blackwell scored with Rooney.

All this does is f*** with the kids. With it mainly being Kakko since he's been yoyo'd for 1.5 seasons now.

But Quinn doesn't do this with Miller.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Makes zero sense.

All this does is f*** with the kids. With it mainly being Kakko since he's been yoyo'd for 1.5 seasons now.

The good news for Kravtsov is that the kid line is the 4th line. I don't care where Quinn writes their names down. So it's a promotion for him.

The demotion for Kakko is mind-boggling.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
oh god.... the first time I've seen that replay... the goal that broke ADA

Reactions: romba

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Makes zero sense.

Doesn’t do it with Miller because there’s no alternative for him

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->