GDT: Game #37 -- Thu Apr 4, 2013 - Red Wings @ Coyotes - 10:00 p.m.

Aug 6, 2012
Second game in the past week where it was hard to tell if we even were playing to win. Babcock has no grip on this team.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Second game in the past week where it was hard to tell if we even were playing to win. Babcock has no grip on this team.

This. The leadership on this team - Babs, Z, Kronner, Dats, Mule and Fil - has been a pretty big let down during the last couple of weeks.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Babcock just said DeKeyser plays tonight!

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 29m

Babcock said DeKeyser, White and Quincey will play tomorrow.

We are not playing both tonight and tomorrow.

This loss is and is not a big surprise.
It is a big surprise because this was an easy game, easy win.
And this loss is not a big surprise cause we have found ways all season long to lose those easy games.

Hopefully we can win some we are not supposed to win.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I thought we played pretty well tonight, just some mental mistakes. I think people on here whine and complain just for fun - like they got off on it. This team is what it is. People complain like they expect more. It's an above average team with lots of rookies in the line up that will be inconsistent.

I feel we get the 8th spot, possibly miss completely.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
You can tell Nyquist is so hungry to make a difference out there.

He made the game more enjoyable for me. He was finally very clearly making things happen. This game was different for Nyquil. It is making at lot of sense what Red Wings Now and others have been saying- to invest the time allowing prospects to get comfortable. That leads to a question, what's Smith's excuse? :laugh:

I'm so sick of this BS effort they're giving.

If we miss the playoffs by one or two points, this will be the game we can all look back on. Absolutely passionless and embarrassing effort from the Red Wings tonight. No excuse to be outworked by a less talented team with this much at stake.

We are not playing both tonight and tomorrow.

This loss is and is not a big surprise.
It is a big surprise because this was an easy game, easy win.
And this loss is not a big surprise cause we have found ways all season long to lose those easy games.

Hopefully we can win some we are not supposed to win.

I think these are part of the Hockeytown myths that are dying, or being changed. Since the lockout we have totally dominated almost the entire league and teams like LA, St.Louis, Phoenix, etc. were used as target practice by the Wings. Now these teams look as good as any. May be we're Columbus, fans don't even get excited to watch us because there's no magic like past seasons. Less and less highlight plays. Credit to the Coyotes they came alive in the 2nd and put on quite a show. I wouldn't underestimate Duchene and the Avalanche next game either. There is no easy win in the NHL.

I disagree to the statement the Red Wings aren't trying. The scary thing is they are and it's not working! Detroit played a strong road game...but it wasn't nearly enough. Ice hockey isn't about perpetually racing racing into a play, you have to change speeds to be effective. We're being outsmarted. It isn't a matter of us not fighting to win battles or make plays...on some nights other teams are simply better!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad