GDT: Game 37: Coyotes @ Kings - FSAZ - 8:30PM - Late Night Hockey!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What better way to start post-Xmas than a regulation loss to the worst team in the league :eek:
The kings won't finish as the worst team in the NHL. They played well last night. Quick being out, coaching changes, the team didn't mesh early but they are coming together now. We played pretty well, but Quick was a little better than Kuemper.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
What better way to start post-Xmas than a regulation loss to the worst team in the league :eek:

You have to beat the best to be the best! And by golly the Yotes wanna be the best at losing.

Keller hasn't looked himself as of late, imo. No surprise the "big guns" on the team have been struggling (especially offensively) and the team has been feeling it. Another 1 goal game, another L. Agree that there were some strange coaching strategies but I should expect that now lol.

Sadly, it's getting to that point that it's harder to care about the Wins vs losses.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Might be the worst third period I've seen this team play. They looked like they had cement in their skates.
Where is Keller BTW? He's looking more like a little floater. (like a lot of coyotes).
Of course the fans blame RT. I'm not sure what any coach could do with this group of players.
the only players Chyka ever adds have the same DNA: small, fast, and can play with no cup.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Might be the worst third period I've seen this team play. They looked like they had cement in their skates.
Where is Keller BTW? He's looking more like a little floater. (like a lot of coyotes).
Of course the fans blame RT. I'm not sure what any coach could do with this group of players.
the only players Chyka ever adds have the same DNA: small, fast, and can play with no cup.
We lost 2-1. if thats the worst third period we ever play, I will take it. You guys are to doom and gloom, we were in the game and LA is a much better team than their record.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We lost 2-1. if thats the worst third period we ever play, I will take it. You guys are to doom and gloom, we were in the game and LA is a much better team than their record.
The thing is, we are fourth from last place so I see why there is doom and gloom. With the talent we have on this team, while not the greatest, but the best in the last number of y ears, we should be doing better. I don't think we have run on all 8 cylinders yet this year. Even though we are fourth last, we are seven pts. from a playoff spot, and I would think if we had Raanta in net, Demers and Grabner we would be in the thick of things. We have no choice but to stay the course.

Reactions: Name Nameless

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I'm a realist, looking at it and being objective.
Objective? That's funny.
you have a flowery *subjective* interpretation of the Coyotes.
You want *objective?
They are among the teams "battling" to be in the bottom of the standing in the entire league.
They are among the worst scoring teams in the NHL.
they have been bottom dwellers for years now.
That's objective.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Objective? That's funny.
You want *objective?
They are among the teams "battling" to be in the bottom of the standing in the entire league.
That's objective.
Or you could be objective and say we are "battling" and are seven pts. out of a playoff spot with no #1 goalie.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Or you could be objective and say we are "battling" and are seven pts. out of a playoff spot with no #1 goalie.
We are battling . I like our battle factor (finally). But still too many soft powder puff players from Chyka's analytics formula's.
Every team has injury concerns. For our team we would need a perfect storm of no injuries to be a viable playoff candidate around that 8 spot.
We still suck. Just not quite as bad as last year. But with some tweaking we are at least moving in the right direction.

Reactions: Fyreman

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Objective? That's funny.
You want *objective?
That's objective.
I'll give you objective: I'm glad we still have a team. We have no money. For us to make the playoffs, we need many things to go our way. Our 1G/1RHD/2C are out for the year, and our 3rd overall pick from a previous GM was a bust, that is a lot to over come. If everything went well we could make the playoffs. With this many injuries, it will be tough. Adin Hill or Darcy Kuemper will have to be our best player the rest of the way for us to make it now, think about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad