GDT: Game 37 - CBJ at NYI - 23 Dec, 7pm

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Any team that loses that many key players and is competing I am a fan of. Frustrating game as an Isles fan, but that was a physical game for the regular season. Loved it and hopefully Columbus can make the playoffs not at the expense of my Isles though.
And this, my friends, is the shining example of a classy post. Someone copy it and share it with all the other fans, including our own. Sportsmanship!

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Loved Gavy's post-game with Metz. He's becoming one of my favorite Jackets...seems like a fun guy with a great personality. And scores GWGs!

Reactions: ViD

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Apparently Islander fans dont know what a follow through is? Pretty comical. We saw that in what? 3 games in a row against at one point?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
No Cup champion has had a goalie start 60+ games in the regular season since the 2012 Kings, but ok.
Has a Cup Champion has a back up as feeble as Elvis has been?

The CBJ will come back to earth soon enough. Korpi won't play 60 (and the CBJ still won't win the Cup). The energy and success of the recent call ups is enjoyable but not sustainable.

Reactions: thebus88

pled

Sep 7, 2009
still 6 point from playoff because metro is crazy but 2 point from top 8 in east/top 16 in the league isn't so bad.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
We’re probably not as good as we’ve been playing lately, but we’re also not as bad as it appeared at the start of the year. I think we’d be a playoff team in any of the other three divisions (certainly either of the two out west). Still have a chance but will be a tough hill to climb.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Jenner, Anderson, etc. are watching their jobs go down the drain. The young kids actually want to score

wait.
like,
the same boone jenner that has
5 points, +6, 13 shots on goal, 60 percent faceoff wins in his last 5 games?

gulp.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
No Cup champion has had a goalie start 60+ games in the regular season since the 2012 Kings, but ok.

This win streak has been incredibly impressive and Korpi has been amazing. But we have to admit the back-up goalie situation is a 10,000 lb. pink elephant in the room.

I heard some analytics guys the other day saying that a team needs at least 20-30 pts. out of their back up to be successful in the season and playoffs. Elvis has 3 points in 9 games. He's the "backup", but barring back to back games, he literally isn't even an option right now. I am not sure how sustainable this is...

Korpi can ride out December in all probability, but we have 6 games in 10 nights to start 2020, including a road trip to Boston and a 4-game West Coast swing. Playing Elvis is almost like a forfeit at this point, but if he doesn't play he won't improve. Something has to give at some point.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any chance gerbe stays with the team rest of the year or is he just here a few games and Back to the AHL forever?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Any chance gerbe stays with the team rest of the year or is he just here a few games and Back to the AHL forever?

hunch feeling: back to the AHL he goes, no matter how he performs with the big club.

would love if he stuck with the team though. judging off his interviews, he seems like a super genuine person. delighted tonight that he got a G.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->