Post-Game Talk: GAME #37: Canucks vs. Lightning on Guaranteed Loss Night... and they lose 5 - 2 (and lose Stecher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It’s hard to talk about the Martel bit because still the only angle I’ve seen is the one from behind Stecher where you honestly can’t see where the first point of contact was.

It was hard. It was a hit to hurt but I can’t come to the conclusion it wa hugely illegal warranting extra discipline. I suspect an angle front the front might tell a different story. It’s a lack of info to me.

And despite many things I’ve seen on the web today...blindside doesn’t matter. It’s not a thing anymore.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm confused that the league won't even look at the hit. There was a clear injury on the play. Martel also took a blind side route into the hit. That was the kind of hit that brought about the whole reform on head shots. The refs also botched the call which usually leans towards supplementary discipline.

They didn’t say they didn’t look at it. They said no hearing which means they determined the hit did not warrant subsequent discipline. If I had to guess they made the determination that shoulder was first and primary point of contact, no charge, arms down etc.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Not knowing anything about hockey doesn’t stop you from spewing all the crap you have the last few years.

Meh, I’m not gonna start a @@@@ measuring contest with you and prove how much more I know about hockey then you.

I’ll just say this.
You may not like what I have to say or the way I say it. My pessimism etc and that’s fine. But my foresight in in the top in these boards. I called many many things only to watch them unfold exactly like I said years later.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
That Lightning team is soft as butter.

Crazy skilled, but skilled gets beat by strength+skill in the playoffs. Don't see them winning the cup this year again.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Meh, I’m not gonna start a @@@@ measuring contest with you and prove how much more I know about hockey then you.

I’ll just say this.
You may not like what I have to say or the way I say it. My pessimism etc and that’s fine. But my foresight in in the top in these boards. I called many many things only to watch them unfold exactly like I said years later.

Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad