Post-Game Talk: GAME #37: Canucks vs. Lightning on Guaranteed Loss Night... and they lose 5 - 2 (and lose Stecher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
kFaAnQy.jpg

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
This gameday marks 10 years since Mats Sundin signed with the Canucks. He was introduced 12 days after signing.

aad76ec247e8aa5db475238a9646.jpg

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Note that Brayden Point is playing the Brendan Morrison role on their de facto top line with Nikita Kucherov**. 21 goals and 43 points so far. Great going for a guy drafted 79th overall.

Elias Pettersson and Steven Stamkos are tied in points.

**If you believe, as I do, that the line with the league's 4th-leading scorer on it is their top line

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Note that Brayden Point is playing the Brendan Morrison role on their de facto top line with Nikita Kucherov**. 21 goals and 43 points so far. Great going for a guy drafted 79th overall.

Elias Pettersson and Steven Stamkos are tied in points.

**If you believe, as I do, that the line with the league's 4th-leading scorer on it is their top line
Braydon Point has been the best player on the best team in the NHL this year.

If you guys remember the “so you think yoj can draft thread” in 2014 I wanted Point.

Guys an absolute stud and one of the top 5 young centres in the league.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Pettersson beats McDavid one night and then beats the star studded TB lineup the next night.

Guaranteed win night baby, Petey is rolling

Reactions: lindgren

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Pettersson beats McDavid one night and then beats the star studded TB lineup the next night.

Guaranteed win night baby, Petey is rolling

I like the optimism. I'm not going to be able to watch most of this game, but hoping for a good result, or at least some points for our youngs guys!

Keep the streaks rolling!

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I've said here before, this is the kind of game that good teams seem to lose... away games vs. bottom feeders.

But since the Canucks aren't technically a bottom feeder at the moment, I say Tampa takes this one.

4-1 TB

Boeser

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
If the Canucks win the next two games and we agree they were solid efforts from Tampa and Winnipeg I’m gonna go to the tank thread a pull my name and put it into playoff hopeful

As much as I want to draft as high as possible I’m so tired of these lame duck seasons

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Depends if our forwards do a good job of slowing down TB in the neutral zone. If they enter the zone with speed, look out. That’s how they score a lot of their goals. They aren’t a super heavy, board play, work down low type of team. They are a defensman awesome breakout pass to a forward with speed in the neutral zone , kill you off the 3-2 rush. Our centres don’t need to dispossess the puck carrier, but rather just slow them down in the NZ or else you’re gonna see Guddy / Hutton / Edler get burned by steady.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If the Canucks win the next two games and we agree they were solid efforts from Tampa and Winnipeg I’m gonna go to the tank thread a pull my name and put it into playoff hopeful

As much as I want to draft as high as possible I’m so tired of these lame duck seasons

You literally described fair weather to a tee.

Reactions: Zippgunn

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
You literally described fair weather to a tee.

I’m not gonna take offense to this, just want to let you know I bleed Canucks, been through every rendition of this team since I was a little boy. Continuously watch each game each season despite the standings. I’m back to a place where I can’t wait to see the next game because I’m now entertained and living in the moment. I’ve long ago gave up on failing seasons for better draft picks because they lottery ruined everything for me and the players we select aren’t gaurunteed and 82 games of crap isn’t worth Virtanen or Juolevi down the road. If we can watch some playoff hockey again and play in some meaningful games in March-April I’ll support that. We are at a turning point right now and I’m open to turning with it

That all being said ..... bloody hell is Hughes/Kakko frickin sexy

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Is Bo between Little Things and Roussel a thing now?

As a shutdown unit, they did a pretty damn good job against Edmonton. If you're looking to shut down TB's top line, might not be a bad idea to see if they can replicate that effort.

That said, the Lightning have a vastly more balanced attack than Edmonton. I don't think there's just one line/one player to key in on on Tampa that doesn't leave several of their other potent weapons open.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Consensus bottom 5 team vs SC contender....Should be a good measuring stick..TB is a team with very few weaknesses, especially their creative forwards (Kucherov,Stamkos) which will test our D to their limits.

Win or lose, should be a good game....Pete's point streak goes to 8,if he gets a point tonight.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Tampa will probably mail it in as they just came off a 8 game winning streak, they'll be wise to pace themselves a little bit during this stretch of the season. Could be a easy W for the Canucks.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Let down game for Tampa tnt after that sizzling matchup vs the Jets.

Tampa will come out flat but dominate the 2nd half of the game.

3-2 Tbay.

* If Ep40 gets a point tnt then he ties Pavel Bures franchise record for consecutive games points streak by a rookie at 8 *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->