GDT: Game #37 April 3rd. Rangers @ Sabres 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The amount of f***ing stupid decisions Quinn makes is astounding. Blackwell on there but not Kakko. Lafreniere out there but not Kakko. Lafreniere has struggled immensely for over a month now. Kakko has impressed continuously since he came back.

This coach doesn't actually care about merit. It's all about demeanor and how much the players suck up to him. Absolutely criminal.

Not an NHL coach.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We've done the same with Kinkaid and Georgiev. Bad goals given up in the 3rd all season.

Yeah but Kinkaid and Georgiev suck. Shesterkin makes that save 99 times out of 100 in the first 55 minutes of the game. But he doesn't rise to the occasion. He's an automatic goal against in 3rd periods in these situations. I'm tired of it. Unless he sees a sports psychologist or something he's not going to be a starter in this league long.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
are we gonna use Ullmark as the excuse? Holy shit I knew it. What a joke. They outplayed us Vally. Give me a break. Ullmark wasn't the reason we lost

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We play the Pens. If we play like this we are gonna get swallowed whole

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No cycle, no rebounds, no screens, no win. This team only wants to score pretty goals and it's very annoying.
They are too soft to get to the front and do that. Gauthier did that a little tonight that is it.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We start drafting European players, Andersson, Kravtsov, Kakko, Chytil and hire this coach that has only worked well with American and Canadian players. I'm convinced there's a cultural disconnect with Quinn. The European players aren't able to communicate with Quinn in a way that puts them on the same page with the coaching staff. There is such a f***ing disconnect. This is why Vitali was pissed off 2 years ago and why Andersson quit.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
haha you Quinn haters wanted the kids to play, he played them in OT and Kakko the last shot in the shootout and we lose. Happy?

We want him to play Kakko, the only kid that is deserving of OT time. He didn't.

Reactions: Fvital92

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This narrative is getting old. Like it has nothing to do with the team constantly taking their foot off the gas in the last 10 minutes of the game.

The team under AV would take their foot off the gas every game and we'd never lose regardless, or almost never. Honestly, in the first 55 minutes of the game Shesterkin isn't much worse than Hank. But the guy just has absolutely no mental toughness right now. You can set your watch by how often he gives up a goal in a tied game or leading by 1.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
What gaff? Wasnt his fault the dmen let someone get behind them and then relied on the winger to chase him down.

What gaff? I don’t get how that was on him lmao
He was absolutely slow to react to the d man losing okposo. It's part of adjusting the nhl quickness of play and defense. My point is that often something like that gets a kid nailed to the bench, so it was great to actually see him right back out there

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Even in a shootout Kakko can’t get a shot off
why should any of these guys be confident? did you see Laf in overtime. Scared to do anything and Tage freaking Thompson looks like Jaromir Jagr.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
We've done the same with Kinkaid and Georgiev. Bad goals given up in the 3rd all season.
We’re still not putting enough rubber at the net. No screens no rebounds just pretty pass after pretty pass. Ullmark was very good. He takes up a shitload of the net. I’m hoping huska can develop like he did and be a stellar back up for shesty. We always seem to play down or up to the competition. With no Eichel playing these 2 games shouldn’t have been close realistically. Good teams go for the jugular. We’re just not there yet. And we got quinn

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I think a lot of people who have been defending Quinn will point to this game as an example of why they are right. I suppose they have a point to a certain extent, but the player usage continues to be highly suspect.

Don’t play Kakko in the OT, and in doing so send him a message that you don’t trust him in the skill game. Then, you send him out there with the game on his stick as the last to go in the shootout? The shootout is all about confidence, no?

I hope we didn’t just witness the straw that broke Kaapo Kakko’s back. You know the kid is going to beat the shit out of himself for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->