GDT: Game 36: Los Angeles Edwards @ Phoenix Jacobs | 4-2-13 | 7PM MST | FS Arizona Plus

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
jacob+vs+edward.jpg

Top 10 reasons to be Team Jacob:

10. He's a WILF! So delicious.
9. He's almost always guaranteed to be half naked.
8. His best friend, Embry, is hot!
7. He can give Bella a life, she wouldn't need to say goodbye to anyone.
6. Because shirts are overrated.
5. He's exactly right for Bella.
4. Jacob will do anything to make her happy.
3. He'll keep you warm in the coldest weather.
2. Remus Lupin is a werewolf.
1. He'll fight for you and fight HARD, until your heart stops beating.

STARRING:

coyotestop2_zpsd73982d3.jpg

coyotesbottom6_zpsfcb87c2b.jpg

goalies_zpsbfbb4775.jpg

Also Featuring:

kings_zps21637e14.jpg

*All lines are subject to change due to supernatural forces beyond comprehension.*

TEAM JACOB UNITE!!!

TV: Fox Sports Arizona Plus
Radio: TBD

This thread is:

Heather-Morris-gif-glee-21738355-500-281.gif

Heather Morris approved!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Game 36: Philadelphia Flyers West @ Phoenix Coyotes | 4-2-13 | 7PM MST

brradadadd.jpg

Tonight, the members of the Sac Kings Organization will try once again to rub it into the Coyotes organization

wheatee.jpg

The Wheat Kings will try to brag once again about how we don't a championship banner to call our own.

la_g_banners01_576.jpg

Inside an arena where these banners are all that matter.

staples-center.jpg

But at least we know the truth about a team that can't buy a championship without sponging off the other tenents at Staples Center

LA-CLIPPERS.jpg

200px-LosAngelesSparks.png

200px-LosAngeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

We know that the little amount of relevance this hockey team has will be gone once any of the following happens in addition to the lakers getting into the playoffs

Los_Angeles_Clippers_WhiteGold.jpg

The Clippers finally get a ring.

angels-dodgers.jpg

The Dodgers or the Angels make the playoffs

la_e_farmers-field01jr_600.jpg

Or when NFL Football comes back

So enjoy the 5 minutes left in your 15 minutes of fame because it will be all over when any of the above happens

Or

701779.jpg

When another hockey team with a real historic 1st for hockey in California wins cup #2

PHP4FAE1864B6BFF.jpg

BRING THE PAIN, *****ES!!!!!

extralarge.png
[size=+2]@[/size]
extralarge.png

INFERIOR TO THE LAKERS (20-12-3) vs PHOENIX COYOTES (14-15-6)

Game 36 at Jobing.com Arena, Glendale AZ

outdoor-led.jpg
city_moon.jpg

TV and radio coverage provided by:
NHL_Network_Primary.gif

FS_PLUS_ARIZONA_2C.jpg

xtra910_180.jpg

Note: The NHLN feed is for Canada only

STATS | CLIPPERS | COYOTES
POWER PLAY | 19.5% | 15.7%
PENALTY KILL | 81.2% | 82.7%
GOALS/GAME | 2.91 | 2.60
GOALS AGAINST/GAME | 2.46 | 2.77
FACE OFF WIN PERCENTAGE | 51.5 | 52.6
SHOTS/GAME | 29.8 | 30.5
SHOTS AGAINST/GAME | 24.3 | 29.5

Flyers-Fans-on-Flyers-West.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Olympic Diver​
|
Anje Kopidor​
|
Carolina Hurricane​
Philadelphia Flyer 10​
|
Philadelphia Flyer 77​
|
Toffoil​
Clifford​
|
Stoll​
|
Lewis​
Anaheim Duck(Questionable)​
|
Fraser​
|
Fake King​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Muzzin​
|
Brad Doty​
Scuderi​
|
Voynov​
Reghr​
|
Martinez​

Goalie​
32​

iNJURIES AND SUCH

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020537&navid=sb:preview

Willie Mitchell (knee) and Matt Greene (back).

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Steve Sullivan​
|
Antonie Vermette​
|
Shane Doan (C)
Radim Vrbata​
|
Martin Hanzal(A)
|
Mikkel Boedker​
Robert Klinkhammer​
|
Boyd Gordon​
|
David Moss​
Raffi Torres​
|
Kyle Chipchura​
|
Lauri Korpikoski???​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Oliver Ekman-Larsson​
|
Derek Morris​
Keith Yandle (A)
|
Michael Stone​
Rostislav Klesla​
|
David Schlemko​

Goalie​
LoL Our Only Hope​

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020537&navid=sb:preview
Coyotes forward Lauri Korpikoski (upper body) missed the past three games and remains day-to-day. Smith and defenseman Zbynek Michalek (lower body) are on injured reserve.

TODAYS GAME DAY THREAD IS:

MIKE SMITH APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Wait, while I appreciate the cleverness of this GDT, there's a few things I don't get, since I don't watch twilight. One thing I don't get is why some of the Coyotes are listed as vampires if we're supposed to be the werewolves. I'm also confused why Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are standing in for Kings' players. Since those two are the protagonists of the series, shouldn't Rob and K-Stew fill in for some of our beloved Yotes? I really like the theme and I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm just a little confused, since I'm not much of a Twi-hard.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Wait, while I appreciate the cleverness of this GDT, there's a few things I don't get, since I don't watch twilight. One thing I don't get is why some of the Coyotes are listed as vampires if we're supposed to be the werewolves. I'm also confused why Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are standing in for Kings' players. Since those two are the protagonists of the series, shouldn't Rob and K-Stew fill in for some of our beloved Yotes? I really like the theme and I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm just a little confused, since I'm not much of a Twi-hard.

Basically, I just ran out of characters. I'm only moderately familiar with the factions in the Twilight saga myself, but the Olympic Coven is basically team Edward and the Black Pack is team Jacob. The others could be tossed around, so long as the Olympic Coven and Black Pack were opposing each other.

As for why I made the Coyotes team Jacob instead of team Edward, I just went with the Coyotes-werewolves connection. The Black Pack are still more or less "good guys" in the series.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Basically, I just ran out of characters. I'm only moderately familiar with the factions in the Twilight saga myself, but the Olympic Coven is basically team Edward and the Black Pack is team Jacob. The others could be tossed around, so long as the Olympic Coven and Black Pack were opposing each other.

As for why I made the Coyotes team Jacob instead of team Edward, I just went with the Coyotes-werewolves connection. The Black Pack are still more or less "good guys" in the series.

Very clever, I didn't even realize that initially. I always assumed the werewolves were villains, so I guess that's where my confusion was coming from.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I vote for AP's OP, don't understand the Twilight jokes. Making the trip to the Job tonight, so look for my drunk opinions during intermissions ... go Yotes!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
10 - 2 - 1 to make it, roughly. 8th place has a game and 4 points. 11 ROW means you lose tiebreakers with most teams, even if you do go on a run. 13 games to go. No Smith tonight. Declarations from Tippett and Doan that they can make a run and that they aren't sellers.

Do or die, tonight.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Kinda sad that I have a feeling a lot of the players we know and love will be gone today, but that's business. I think a lot of people can take this season if we can stick it to our new found rival tonight.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I didn't know Twilight had clan names and emblems and ****, like if Game of Thrones slipped on a pair of panties. Interesting. Makes you wonder if Stephanie Meyer is actually a pen name used by George R. R. Martin, perhaps when he's at home on the weekend and wants to "feel pretty."

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. Just missing some of those classic Twilight gifs.

Whatever happens after this game I don't wanna hear how we "gave a gutsy effort" or.. picked up a "valuable" point for the playoff push. Just let it go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad