Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C0XeXaoW8AARZE_.jpg:large

eUyPem6.jpg

5x0U25I.jpg

PNC-Arena.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Frederick L'Ecuyer (17), Francois StLaurent (38)
Linesmen Kory Nagy (97), Darren Gibbs (66)

Ntl. Anthem Amanda Bell

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Hurricanes tonight in the 2nd of 3 games between these teams and the 1st of 2 of this season’s series at PNC Arena … The Bruins are 18-14-3 thus far this season with a 10-5-3 mark on the road … They are 4-3-3 vs. Metropolitan Division
opponents and are 13-8-3 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are concluding tonight their 7th of 14 sets of back-to-back games … They are currently 3-2-2 in the 1st of those games and are 1-5-0 in the 2nd game. They concluding tonight as well their 9th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights to close out the pre-holiday portion of their schedule …They enter tonight’s game 4-4-1 in game 1s, 3-4-2 in game 2s and 3-5-0 in game 3s of those sets.

BOSTON vs CAROLINA, LIFETIME SERIES -

The Bruins and Hurricanes are meeting for the 196th time in their histories (includes Carolina as Hartford Whalers) with the Bruins having a 104-70-16-5 record and 659-563 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 47-38-9-2 in their 96 road games of this lifetime series with a 324-307 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins have taken points out of their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes at 7-0-3, including a 2-1 shootout win in Boston on 12/1 in the 1st game of this season’s series, with their last regulation loss to Carolina a 4-2 road setback on Apr. 13, 2013 … They are 3-0-1 in their last 4 visits to Raleigh and they are 10-4-1 in their last 15 road games vs. the Hurricanes.

Fun Facts: The Bruins are 34-29-3-5 vs. Carolina since they relocated from Hartford at the start of the 1997-98 season … Neither of these teams has shut out the other in Raleigh with the last road shutout by Boston a 3-0 Bill Ranford win on Feb. 14, 1996 and last home blanking by Carolina a 2-0 Sean Burke victory on Apr. 13, 1996.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (96 total man-games lost)

Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 10 games (IR)
John-Michael Liles – Concussion; Has missed 13 games (IR)

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1482473994000

Last edited:

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
sick of playing bad vs canes, lets keep it going, end on a high note before holidays

Vatrano gets another goal tonight???

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Ugh, I hate games against Carolina. They're always so boring and there's like no scoring and then we lose. I'm forever scarred by that game (two?) years ago when we didn't get a shot on goal for 17 minutes. Possibly the worst game I've witnessed.

Well, go Bs anyway! I assume Dobby starts - he played for the Canes right? Maybe that'll be good mojo for him.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If all goes well I will miss this game to watch my nephew's HS basketball game.

Drop the ****ing puck already!!!!

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Little pre-game hockey amusement as you get set to tune in for the contest in Carolina.

A small sample of what can stir excitement for hockey fans in Canada. Though Brick should adopt this method of travel as he visits those home made rinks around Boston in his annual best back yard rink contest. Woud it turn heads at a local Dunkin's outlet like it did at a Tim's outlet in Canada? Betting that it absolutely would. Enjoy the attached clip provided by CTV news.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3215331

Last edited:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Time to get on that much needed run Bruins. Carry over the good stretches of play from last night into tonight.

With Carolina also playing last night wonder if the plan is for both teams to start the back ups? Could perhaps role out Rask again with the break in front of them. No matter who does dress and or play, let's pick up the 2 points before heading home.

Let's Go Bruins!

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Time to get on that much needed run Bruins. Carry over the good stretches of play from last night into tonight.

With Carolina also playing last night wonder if the plan is for both teams to start the back ups? Could perhaps role out Rask again with the break in front of them. No matter who does dress and or play, let's pick up the 2 points before heading home.

Let's Go Bruins!

Points are at a premium.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ugh, I hate games against Carolina. They're always so boring and there's like no scoring and then we lose. I'm forever scarred by that game (two?) years ago when we didn't get a shot on goal for 17 minutes. Possibly the worst game I've witnessed.

Well, go Bs anyway! I assume Dobby starts - he played for the Canes right? Maybe that'll be good mojo for him.

Me too!

I can't remember who the B's played last week, but I'll never forget that pitiful game for the sheer ineptness of both teams.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

We won the last game..but it was in a shootout...

Let's go Bruins - win, celebrate, home to your families on a high note. :slaugh::xcheers::sgrin:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter just got home. Comfortable clothes on...chores can wait until tomorrow.

Please win tonight !

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

I'm gonna guess that whoever put this video together was a Whalers fan.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the Bruins scored four times in the 3rd period and won 6-5 in regulation. I have a friend who was a Whalers fan who called this the 2nd-lowest point in the history of the franchise, behind only moving to Carolina.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Theyll play Dobbi, got the win last time vs Canes. I never like Canes games, always low scoring and boring AF. And its the Canes. And I want Hanifan, and and and.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
we better not draw any penalties tonight... Our #29 PP vs their #1 PK :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad