GDT: Game 36 Boston Bruins v Buffalo Sabres 12/21/2013 7PM NESN, 98.5

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Tampa Bay and Montreal both won, which keeps them within 3 points.

This is why I hate this point system.
Montreal goes up 3-0 against a crap goalie, throw away the lead but wind up getting the maximum amount of points anyway because a winner is being forced with OT/SO.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This is why I hate this point system.
Montreal goes up 3-0 against a crap goalie, throw away the lead but wind up getting the maximum amount of points anyway because a winner is being forced with OT/SO.

Not a fan at all of the shoot out.
Not really a fan of the loser point either.
There are a lot of teams with shoot out wins and loser points (think Caps were one).

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Monday in Nashville that should be interesting. I don't remember the last time I saw Nashville play. Probably 2 seasons ago when we last played them.

I actually remember that game. Last minute goal from Lucic I believe, pretty good game

David Krejci*

Krejci, Soderberg, and Spooner all had great games. Marchand took a frigging beating.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Man, Tampa just aren't going away are they? And without their best player. Pretty impressive.

Yep, and yet, so many here still find a way to dissect all the Bruins shortcomings in spite of icing a pretty solid core of players who opened the season on the AHL team.

I get that the B`s best player is not injured but still a ton of injuries, look at the Leafs, if I heard correctly, only 3 regulation wins in their last 20 or something crazy??

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Man, Tampa just aren't going away are they? And without their best player. Pretty impressive.

I think most of the better NHL teams can keep winning with the loss of some regulars. Pitts has proven it without Malkin and/or Crosby,the Bs are hanging in there as is TPA. Other regulars usually ramp it up and AHL suppressed players are readier because of longer times preparing at that level than they would have on a farm for a weaker team. It'll be interesting if the Bs continue winning with this roster what the trade deadline will bring.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Agreed wholeheartedly. Even when they aren't scoring they are dominating whoever they are out there against more often than not.

I think there just has to be a huge motivation when Looch/DK look to their right side and see this old fella busting his arse shift after shift having played a physical and engaged almost 1300 games.

Plus, although I add this with absolutely no inside knowledge or confirmation, I`ll wager Iggy has a way of letting those boys know when they need to pick it up. Highly doubt Horty is/was that way

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think there just has to be a huge motivation when Looch/DK look to their right side and see this old fella busting his arse shift after shift having played a physical and engaged almost 1300 games.

Plus, although I add this with absolutely no inside knowledge or confirmation, I`ll wager Iggy has a way of letting those boys know when they need to pick it up. Highly doubt Horty is/was that way

Agree 100%.

Lucic, Krejci and Horton could all bring zero on certain nights, occasionally all on the same night. They usually needed an opponent to spark them. With Iggy, they have been a much more consistent line.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I actually remember that game. Last minute goal from Lucic I believe, pretty good game

I remember we completely dominated them, and Lucic especially had a monster game... But no points, Nashville just stuck with us, even took the lead. Took a shootout and that game-tying goal from Lucic.

It was a really good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad