Laval Rocket: Game 35: Laval vs. Toronto (3PM ET on RDS/AHL TV)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has Brook not been good at D? Very confusing.

he has though he will be a little shaky at times, he's easily been one of their best D's this year, likely 2nd best behind Leskinen and imo you can make a case that he's been even better then him. In the offensive zone he's really making things happen all season and you can see his confidence growing (while playing as a defensemen), he looks a little lost at forward at times. I can't say I'm a fan of this or how he's been used most of the season. I would love to really know what's Bouchard's thinking on this.

very intrigued to see what his development curve looks like... it'll take a while, but he could top out as a very solid NHL player with just enough playmaking skill to not be out of place in a top-6 role one day

The good news is after a really rough month to month and half in his rookie year, Brook has shown non stop progress to the point that there's no doubt he will at the very least see NHL games in the future.

He needs to add mass and strength. I worry a bit about the IQ but put him with a Edmundson or Chiarot and I think he will be ok. Next would be how good can he be? Impossible to say at this point as last year he didn't look like he could even be an NHLer so as I always say with prospects, it's all about the year to year progress. If Brook continues to progress, with his offensive skills, plus physical tools of skating, mobility, speed, solid frame, willing to get his nose dirty. There's a lot to like but there's still a lot of work to be done with him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Got a confirmation from Marcotte that Khisamutdinov is healthy and scratched. You know you're struggling when your coach prefer to dress a D over you.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if mutual termination is coming, unless he thinks he can improve during the summer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Marlies up 1-0 on the PP goal. Not a lot happening, Veilleux dropped the gloves but not much there either. Shots 10-8 Laval after 1.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't be surprised if Bouchard says Hillis problem is the same as he said for Brook last year, just not strong enough. Hillis has shown some good passing for sure but he can see he's got a lot of problems trying to contain or out muscle players when fighting for the puck.

Khisamutdinov he's shown some flashes, last year he didn't play much in terms of TOI in the KHL. With us having an ECHL team next year and hopefully a full normal schedule, I would rather he stay and have them work with him. In the end i doubt he turns into anything but he's big, good skater, likes to shoot the puck. We are thin on forward prospects, of course there will be some undrafted FA's from the CHL they can bring in.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Timmins may have made the wrong choice on Hillis over Gogolev, Hillis has 1 pt and this is his 17th game though to be fair even when he plays he gets little ice time, today he seems to be getting more then usual so far. Gogolev is on fire, got his 9th pt and this is just his 10th game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fair enough. But the last three games or so seem to have to show a decrease in the performance of the Laval we know.

no they dominated the marlies last night, Primeau was shaky in the first and they had 2 defensive breakdowns, but they were all over the marlies. They are missing their entier top line and Brook should be on the top pairing not playing forward.

Reactions: Gravity

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Love that shot Fleury just took from the point -- I didn't think he had it in him. Nice.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
no they dominated the marlies last night, Primeau was shaky in the first and they had 2 defensive breakdowns, but they were all over the marlies. They are missing their entier top line and Brook should be on the top pairing not playing forward.
Ok, good point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad