GDT: Game #35: Coyotes @ Ducks - 8:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Like many here, I've been watching this team since they moved here from Winnipeg. Their play in the offensive zone, 5-on-5 and power play is as skilled as it has ever been, including 2010-12 and the Roenick/Tkachuk seasons.

Cooley is going to be very good, but I'm not a big fan of some of his excessive dangling. I don't mind Tourigny putting him on the fourth line for a while at all. He needs to learn. At the other end of the speed/skill spectrum, Dumba has been trying too much with the puck on his stick. Other than that, the buy-in to a team game has been a joy to watch.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Black and Decker or DeWalt?
cheap harbor freight brand!

Like many here, I've been watching this team since they moved here from Winnipeg. Their play in the offensive zone, 5-on-5 and power play is as skilled as it has ever been, including 2010-12 and the Roenick/Tkachuk seasons.

Cooley is going to be very good, but I'm not a big fan of some of his excessive dangling. I don't mind Tourigny putting him on the fourth line for a while at all. He needs to learn. At the other end of the speed/skill spectrum, Dumba has been trying too much with the puck on his stick. Other than that, the buy-in to a team game has been a joy to watch.
congrats to you for the dedication!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Love, love ,love it. Good win and a deserved shut out for Ingram. When this team is on a good night the passing, effort and movement on the PP is a joy to watch (Ok they don't score every time)
Great effort by all. Hopefully no party hangover for the 2nd when Florida are here. Great end to 2023.
I would also like to wish all you guys a happy and safe start to the New Year ( If anyone is interested horrible weather here in the UK, wind and rain how I wish I was back in Arizona)

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Love, love ,love it. Good win and a deserved shut out for Ingram. When this team is on a good night the passing, effort and movement on the PP is a joy to watch (Ok they don't score every time)
Great effort by all. Hopefully no party hangover for the 2nd when Florida are here. Great end to 2023.
I would also like to wish all you guys a happy and safe start to the New Year ( If anyone is interested horrible weather here in the UK, wind and rain how I wish I was back in Arizona)
I love the rain.... Happy New Year!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Ducks are not a good team, winning in the NHL is pretty much 3 things, mistakes, team D, and goal tending. Our 3 shut outs in December means goal tending has been carrying us a little, but the team D has been pretty good for that to happen, you win consistently with those 2 things. The great news is our scoring punch now, we have multiple skilled forwards now.

If our team D and goal tending holds up, we now have enough scoring to carry us into the playoffs.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The fool forgot another tool.;)
When you’re trying to listen to the game. Monitoring four HF threads, plus the PHNX Discord, plus looking out for nuggets on Elon’s Cesspool and keep you all in line. And fixing stuff here at work I can get a little distracted.

Other than that…..

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
thank you - happy new year to you as well!

Ducks are not a good team, winning in the NHL is pretty much 3 things, mistakes, team D, and goal tending. Our 3 shut outs in December means goal tending has been carrying us a little, but the team D has been pretty good for that to happen, you win consistently with those 2 things. The great news is our scoring punch now, we have multiple skilled forwards now.

If our team D and goal tending holds up, we now have enough scoring to carry us into the playoffs.
To your point - keller and schm0ltz were ZERO on the score sheet after the epic comeback avs game. ZERO.

Reactions: UK Yote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad