GDT: Game 35: Colorado Avalanche @ Arizona Losers | 12/22/18 5 p.m. MST | FS-A Plus

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Despite giving up 4 goals, I didn't think that Hill gave up any softies. I saw a lot of scrambling at the goal mouth.

Yeah, 4 goals allowed on 28 shots normally means the goalie wasn't very good, but their shots was IMHO really good- they didn't feed him with easy saves. Hill is excellent.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Love Tocc's comments about Garland. Paraphrasing but something like "it's good for the other guys to see. If a guy 5 foot whatever can win puck battles, why can't you". 5 foot whatever. Hilarious.

Never thought I'd see Garland get in an NHL game after that first rookie camp. He's come a long, long way.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Love Tocc's comments about Garland. Paraphrasing but something like "it's good for the other guys to see. If a guy 5 foot whatever can win puck battles, why can't you". 5 foot whatever. Hilarious.

Never thought I'd see Garland get in an NHL game after that first rookie camp. He's come a long, long way.

I didnt think he will be anything special in the NHL. I’m with you. Didn’t ever think he’d see meaningful NHL playing time.

I have been impressed with him. Hopefully he keeps it up. He’s earned everything

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I didnt think he will be anything special in the NHL. I’m with you. Didn’t ever think he’d see meaningful NHL playing time.

I have been impressed with him. Hopefully he keeps it up. He’s earned everything

Kid could be really interesting. Has all the skill in the world. Has a good amount of IQ but uaed to hog the puck. Something has clicked for him and he has the frame and mentality to be a me vs the world type player. Has the potential to be a top 6, only thing in his way is his effort which he clearly doesnt lack. So many playsrs get called up and once they get their goal or after they dont score after a number of games they fizzle out. Kid has something like 30 shots, plays on the boards and goes 100 every shift.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Kid could be really interesting. Has all the skill in the world. Has a good amount of IQ but uaed to hog the puck

An outsider earlier in the GDT mentioned how he used to watch him in junior and that Garland's best asset was his patience. It's almost like he was too patient and had to figure out at the pro level, even the AHL, you've gotta make decisions quicker.

It's an interesting spin on him being a puck hog vs maybe just taking longer to adjust his game to the professional level. I don't ever remember him fore-checking as relentlessly as he does now either.

It's funny too because one of the critiques of Strome, particularly last season, was that he wouldn't hold the puck at all :laugh:

Reactions: Grimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->