Pre-Game Talk: GAME #35 - Canucks @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Can't win draft lotteries from the top of the standings... :sarcasm:

Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Steve-Tambellini-open-about-No-1-Draft-Pick-dealing-NHL-Updates-74616.jpg

sWTDy8b.jpg

never forget

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Losing 6-7players out of our starting 12 forwards is really starting to show now. The wear on the Sedins, the lack of push in the offensive zone, players playing hurt and out of position... all of it is right there for everyone to see.

It's amazing they're where they are... credit Schneider and team defensive play. A lot of winners on this team... it's ugly but it's working. Lets just hope some reinforcements can get here soon before the Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Lappy and our other regulars have nothing left to give.

Sedins especially look spent out there... gonna need to be rested down the line if possible. Not sure if it will be though.

then this next game should be perfect for them! In the past, for the Sedins playing against the Oilers defense has been like a day at the spa :naughty:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Canucks win streak almost always end at 6 or 7 games, so I assume we will lose tmr cuz I want them to beat San Jose.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
I think if we had more high picks, they would be playing on the team. You can't compare guys like Jensen and Gaunce to RNH and Hall

my observation is more long term and concerned with how, in my view the shelf in Chicago is more empty then it needs to be and that Gillis needs to work on getting more dark horses developed properly in our system. I know some people are over the moon with Gillis, but I am not one of them. Many people I think play down how close we came to getting knocked out by the Hawks the year of our cup run and while we have won in the regular season, while we have be to one cup dance, we should have been to more playoff games then we have been to.

We hope we are like the Red Wings and find away to win without getting top picks and developing home grown guys more and picking up guys who failed elsewhere. I do not see the Canucks having the building block in place on the farm to develop kids correctly. While we like to look down our noses at the oilers, in a few years time we could be going under a rather large rebuild ourselves. Too many posters have tied the Luongo trade to solving some of our problems that were obvious when the season started. Until the winning streak happened, some people here were on the verge of a nervous breakdown over the fact we might miss the playoffs.

Can not speak for anyone else. But the new divisions could be our worst nightmare. And the Oilers have shown signs that they could wake up one of these days, We have been somewhat lucky that the other teams in our division have sucked for 7 years. That will change next year.

But the oilers do suck and we will kick them 5-0 tomorow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad