#6 - "Randy Newman'th L.A. Meltdown"
#7 - Body Break with Erik Johnson and Cody McLeod
#8 - "You're Not Worthy" / "Kane's World"
#9 - Divies Tournament of Hearts
#10 - "You're invited!" / "Minnesota Homecoming"
#11 - Harbour Centre vs. Calgary Tower
#12 - no longer available
#13 - "That's Not Like You to Make Face"
#14 - "I've Steen this Story Before" (or "Steen and the Hat Tricks")
#15 - Fully Charged Edition
#16 - "Honey Badger Goes to Jail"
#17 - "Expo Ernie Climbs the Sunsphere"
#18 - Bizarro SkyTrain factoid / "Expo Ernie Rides the SkyTrain of Doom"
#19 - "Dueling with the Desert Dogs"
#20 - "Expo Ernie's Breakfast Misadventure"
#21 - "Expo Ernie Meets His Match"
#22 - CanuckPro / "Shark Treatment"
#23 - "Hi...I'm in Delaware Ohio"
#24 - "Somebody took this trope too far"
#25 - "Kaput Except for the Tailspin"
#26 - "Giggles' Sway"
#27 - "Join the Millionares..." / "The hockey event of the year"
#28 - "No Dress Rehearsal"
#29 - "W.C Handy's West Coast Blues"
#30 - Roadrunners vs. Canucks
#31 - "Saving Pvt. Hansen (Reach the Beach)"
#32 - Rockies vs. Canucks
#33 - "Come Sail Away"
#34 - "The Schneids of March"

GwMyBh2.gif

z2exx7n.gif

RZHuzxl.gif

Last edited:

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Make it seven.

Your Canucks lines look really wonky. I assume they're copy/pasted from a few games ago. I'm guessing something like for the next one:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Ebbett - Kassian
Sestito - Lapierre - Pinizzotto

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
^^

If I am not mistaken, the lines Zombo put in the OP were the ones we were using after Schroeder's demotion. (which I think was like midway through the second). Will be interesting to see the new lines. Of course he has Ballard in there as well so i dunno, is Ballard supposed to be back for next game?

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
If Kassian is indeed back it'll be the first game in awhile where our forward lines are at least kind of respectable.

:P

Topp Spin

STIHL 286
Dec 4, 2010
Alberta
I'll be at the game tomorrow with a friend that is a huge Oilers fan. Should be a lot of fun, hopefully I have some other Canucks fans in my section.

3-2 Vancouver.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It'll either be a boring win or a boring loss.
Hmmm, tough choice.

It must be pretty boring, when it can bore a person who does not get bored writing the same comment again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again..........................................................................................:help:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I hope EDM doesn't score because that damn horn they have is so lame to the point of being annoying.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
^^

If I am not mistaken, the lines Zombo put in the OP were the ones we were using after Schroeder's demotion. (which I think was like midway through the second). Will be interesting to see the new lines. Of course he has Ballard in there as well so i dunno, is Ballard supposed to be back for next game?

Yeah, the lineup depends on whether Ballard is good to go, but I think it's reasonably close.

Hopefully Schroeder gets back between Hansen and Raymond; I think a game against the Oilers is a huge feasting ground for those three speed demons.

Dado

This is an automatic win.

The Oilers are a bad, bad hockey team. Are they doing this on purpose?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This is an automatic win.

The Oilers are a bad, bad hockey team. Are they doing this on purpose?

A lot of us were saying the same thing about Colorado; outside of the first 7 minutes and Cory Schneider, we weren't really the better team, IMO.

Edmonton is trickier as well, in that they have the firepower to bury some chances. If we keep spotting them control of the play like we did Colorado, it'll be an embarrassing game. We need to bring the effort level we brought against Columbus - it was an ugly, ugly game, but we were winning races to loose pucks and winning battles all night long.

Dado

A lot of us were saying the same thing about Colorado; outside of the first 7 minutes and Cory Schneider, we weren't really the better team, IMO.

I hear you.

We still have to actually show up and play, but this has to be an automatic win. Edmonton is *bad*.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
I hear you.

We still have to actually show up and play, but this has to be an automatic win. Edmonton is *bad*.

Losing 6-7players out of our starting 12 forwards is really starting to show now. The wear on the Sedins, the lack of push in the offensive zone, players playing hurt and out of position... all of it is right there for everyone to see.

It's amazing they're where they are... credit Schneider and team defensive play. A lot of winners on this team... it's ugly but it's working. Lets just hope some reinforcements can get here soon before the Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Lappy and our other regulars have nothing left to give.

Sedins especially look spent out there... gonna need to be rested down the line if possible. Not sure if it will be though.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
Losing 6-7players out of our starting 12 forwards is really starting to show now. The wear on the Sedins, the lack of push in the offensive zone, players playing hurt and out of position... all of it is right there for everyone to see.

It's amazing they're where they are... credit Schneider and team defensive play. A lot of winners on this team... it's ugly but it's working. Lets just hope some reinforcements can get here soon before the Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Lappy and our other regulars have nothing left to give.

Sedins especially look spent out there... gonna need to be rested down the line if possible. Not sure if it will be though.

While I agree with your premise, that being down 7 players is really starting to show, and that it is affecting our offense, I don't see there being too much wear on the Sedins, yet.

I've been tracking the ice-times of these games, after watching period after period of Vigneault call his lines off after dumping it into the oppositions zone, and frankly, the Sedins aren't playing a whole lot.

Just looking up Andrew Ebbett's last five games, Schroeder and Henrik's illustrates this. They're all in the 10-19:59 minute range, game in and game out.

I see it more as Vigneault only allowing the Sedins to give just enough to win, rather than burning them out down the stretch.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
welcome back Kassasin........a little bit better in the top 9......expect him to replace pinni on third line and Gordon back to the wolves......

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Play hard and smart. Win the battles, keep the gap control tight - especially the slot. Keep them out of sniping position and they won't score. Kassian needs to be physical. Shroeder needs to outplay MPS. Edler needs to not get walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->