Post-Game Talk: GAME 35 A Successful Duck Hunt - BRUINS 3 Anaheim 1 FINAL

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It's too bad Acciari and Kuraly have **** for finishing skill. They continue to generate quite a few quality scoring chances.

Donato needs to be better. He's playing smarter than he was at the beginning of the season, but he's still just not very effective.

Pasta drives me nuts sometimes with his careless turnovers and sloppy play, but holy **** is he becoming even more of a stud player than before. He's doing a lot of little things now that he didn't use to do -- little things that take a lot of skill but don't really make the highlights. Crazy thing is he continues to improve his all-around game and get stronger and more confident. It's a very very short list of wingers in the NHL that I would rather have than Pasta.

Not sure what happened on that goal that got past Halak (perhaps he didn't see it in time), but otherwise that was a very good performance. A couple insanely great saves and a bunch of good saves kept the Bs in it before they started lighting up the scoreboard. He was the best player on the ice tonight IMO.

The Ducks were flat tonight and tame by Ducks' standards. Glad the Bs caught them on a down night. They are a real pain to play against when they are feisty and borderline dirty.

Once the Bergeron and Debrusk return.... it will be interesting to see what happens with the current 2nd/3rd line. Donato has been a disappointment. He looks to shoot everything, even poor angle shots....instead of relaxing and making the right or creative pass to the open man. Doesn't look like has the skill (Bjork might also suffer from this issue). Just so greedy to score a goal

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
With Bergeron on the verge of coming back, maybe Cassidy should contemplate keeping Krejci with Pastrnak and Marchand.

Could Bergeron possibly get more out of the young guns like DeBrusk, Heinen or Donato than Krejci has been able to do?

oops: should have posted this in the lineup thread.

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I can't remember the Bruins ever scoring so many beautiful goals. Every night they score one or two.

Reactions: pgm16

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With Bergeron on the verge of coming back, maybe Cassidy should contemplate keeping Krejci with Pastrnak and Marchand.

Could Bergeron possibly get more out of the young guns like DeBrusk, Heinen or Donato than Krejci has been able to do?

here might be a clue.... its like a puzzle what he is trying to explain.... why does it matter if Debrusk is back or not. Just keep the Marchand Krejci Pasta line together

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm thrilled Krejci's broken 600 points! And i'm thrilled to see this team FINALLY beat the Ducks for a change. Seems like they were starting to become the Caps of the west when it comes to playing the Bruins or something...

I know we ALL keep saying it....but....when this team gets FULLY f***ing healthy....Toronto, Buffalo, hell, even Tampa, they'd better not overlook this team.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm thrilled Krejci's broken 600 points! And i'm thrilled to see this team FINALLY beat the Ducks for a change. Seems like they were starting to become the Caps of the west when it comes to playing the Bruins or something...

I know we ALL keep saying it....but....when this team gets FULLY ****ing healthy....Toronto, Buffalo, hell, even Tampa, they'd better not overlook this team.

Not until another quality top 6 forward is obtained

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Donato was absolutely rushed in his call up from Providence. His lack of physicality or endurance couldn't be solved in one month. It took Pasta good 2 seasons to gain some muscle and strength.

He looks better than 1st time up

but is too greedy to score goals and shooting from all kinds of ridiculous angles.... needs to pass more in tight spots in front of the net (unless he doesn't trust his linemates)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krejci's vision is so overlooked.
On his slap shot he knew exactly what he was going to do. The moment he crossed the red line he decided to go for a one timer, as he passed the blue line he was ready.

Never saw him once do that when playing with Debrusk

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Krejci! Get that man a scoring winger to go along with Debrusk. Chara, Miller back and healthy.. The way they have played with key injuries, battling every night whether they win or lose. Feels like this team is a piece or two and a healthy body or two away from being something very special.. I definitley see potential this year to do some damage and make a run.. Feels like something.big brewing through all these injuries. Maybe its just me?

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
frustrating one for this fan, had the steak on the BBQ, game on the tube and power goes out, tree hit power wire, boom. Only saw highlights, good to see the boys finally beat the Ducks. Some beauty goals, Krug is a beast, I don`t want him to go anywhere
Just as a point of reference, this is as crazy as weather gets here.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krejci! Get that man a scoring winger to go along with Debrusk. Chara, Miller back and healthy.. The way they have played with key injuries, battling every night whether they win or lose. Feels like this team is a piece or two and a healthy body or two away from being something very special.. I definitley see potential this year to do some damage and make a run.. Feels like something.big brewing through all these injuries. Maybe its just me?

Chara can take his time

D core is not any worse without him...if anything more mobile

No need to be scared of life without Chara

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watched Bruins powerplay close tonite and Donato was in front of that net steady on it.That opened up lanes.Props to the kid for staying in dirty area.It will come he keeps going there.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Man I love waking up to a Bruins win!! And today is my last day of work before the Xmas holidays. Happy Friday indeed. :)

Only saw the highlights but some of the saves Halak is able to pull off are ridiculous. The top line with Krejci is purring but Bergy with 63-88 you could argue IS the top line. It's tough to know what the best thing to do is when Bergy is back. Thankfully it looks like we don't have long left to wait before we find out what Cassidy thinks.

Onwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->