GDT: Game 34: Phoenix Coyotes @ Nashville *****cats | 3-28-13 | 5PM MST

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I still think LaBarbera gets the nod next game though,

I think so too.

Thing is, Labarbera hasn't been too bad this season by his standards. I think everyone would agree the team defense is not where it should be. Far too many good chances are being allowed. And especially early in the season there were a TON of gaffs in the neutral and defensive zones.

Despite all that Labarbera's save % is actually higher than last season. So looking at the team stat side Jason's GAA is .2 higher. For comparison Smith's is .62 higher. Yeah it's a small sample size, but Labarbera has fared better with the weaker defense in front of him.

With how bad Smith has been it's not like we are losing anything.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
LaBarbera started 6 games and allow 20 goals, it is 3.33 per. So, you give opposing team easy +3 with LoLb in net.

And I dont care what save % he has, and how bad team is in front of him - if he cant save and win the game for us (insane game with Preds not counts) he must sit. And sit in minors.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't care what his save pct% is either when you can clearly see that Lol is one of the worst goalies at giving up rebounds in prime spots.

He flails around the crease like my drunk brother at a bar filled with super hot girls.

Our defense hasn't been 'great' this year, but I'd say that we've seen more of our share of 'soft' goals this year more than any year in the last 5, we'd have to go back to the Aebischer/Auld days to find as many softies.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Because I love looking at the player stats, David Moss is currently tied for 5th with Radim Vrbata at 17 points. 4 points in the last 3 games helps to bump him up, but he's been racking up a lot of assists and he's about on pace with his best NHL season so far (just over .5 PPG) with the second lowest TOI in our top 10 point scorers. He has the team's only SH goal.

Z has the highest +/-, which is not surprising considering his absence over the losing streak with a +6 and OEL is next with +4 and averaging 25+ minutes TOI per game.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
LaBarbera started 6 games and allow 20 goals, it is 3.33 per. So, you give opposing team easy +3 with LoLb in net.

And I dont care what save % he has, and how bad team is in front of him - if he cant save and win the game for us (insane game with Preds not counts) he must sit. And sit in minors.

I agree bud, he's been pretty brutal this season.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I don't care what his save pct% is either when you can clearly see that Lol is one of the worst goalies at giving up rebounds in prime spots.

He flails around the crease like my drunk brother at a bar filled with super hot girls.

Our defense hasn't been 'great' this year, but I'd say that we've seen more of our share of 'soft' goals this year more than any year in the last 5, we'd have to go back to the Aebischer/Auld days to find as many softies.

Aebischer? He played 1 game with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad