GDT: Game 34: Phoenix Coyotes @ Nashville *****cats | 3-28-13 | 5PM MST

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Todd Walsh just mentioned that the Predators were antagonizing Doan and a few other Coyotes during warm-ups and that it p***** off the rest of the team. Does anybody know exactly what happened with that? It seems a little bit bizarre.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Todd Walsh just mentioned that the Predators were antagonizing Doan and a few other Coyotes during warm-ups and that it p***** off the rest of the team. Does anybody know exactly what happened with that? It seems a little bit bizarre.
I saw the brief confrontation between Doan and a few Preds just after Todd Walsh finished interviewing Sully. I don't know what was said, but the Coyotes that did hear it were pretty pissed off.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
Good thing we scored 7 goals otherwise we would have lost. Labarbra let in 3 soft ones. I feel like they knew they couldn't win relying on barbs in the net.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
Do you guys think LaBarbera will start the next game? Or is there a chance Johnson get it?

Tough to tell.

Evidenced by his play tonight, LaBarbera had a five goal lead and still somehow managed to get us all a bit restless after giving up those two quickies to make it 5-2. Some of us were calling for him to be pulled before the damage could escalate. Thankfully, we regrouped and put the game away.

Johnson's numbers are great in his two starts this season. 1-0-1 with a .952 SV% and a 0.98 GAA. Granted, that's only two starts so it's a small sample size, but I would consider giving him a shot.

However, our next game is against San Jose, who is on a bit of a roll and is always dangerous. Usually, experience is better, so that would mean LaBarbera.

But, if you stick an inexperienced goaltender back there, the defense in front of him usually tightens up so that could be an idea running through Tippett's head.

I still think LaBarbera gets the nod next game though, but don't be surprised.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
A couple of the goals were just straight up mistakes or freak shots let in by the Mason and Rinne, but for the most part, it was bad rebound control and the Coyotes actually being in front of the net to put the puck in. Look at Vermette's goal - when was the last time he was ready to grab the rebound and shovel it in like that? Never? The slot has been pretty much uncontested by the Coyotes all season.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Did you see any other Yotes fans in the building? You picked a good game to go!

Seriously.. I was in attendance for the game last month @ Nashville, 3-0 loss. They couldn't score a goal for me that game, and then they score the fastest 5 goals since 1993. Go figure haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad