GDT: Game 34: Phoenix Coyotes @ Nashville *****cats | 3-28-13 | 5PM MST

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

extralarge.png
[size=+2]@[/size]
extralarge.png

PHOENIX COYOTES (13-15-5) vs NASHVILLE *****cats(14-13-6)

Game 34 at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville TN

aerial.jpg

TV Coverage (FS Arizona Plus)
Radio Coverage(XTRA SPORTS 910AM)

NOTE: All lines are subject to change.

preds-weber-elim.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
???​
|
Fisher​
|
Erat​
Borque​
|
Legwand​
|
TBD​
Clune​
|
???​
|
Yip​
Kostitsyn​
|
Spaling​
|
Smith​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Josi​
|
Weber​
Gill​
|
Klein​
???​
|
Ellis​

Goalie​
Rinne​

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020498&navid=sb:preview
Predators defenseman Scott Hannan (upper body) has been cleared to play after being out since March 17. Forward Paul Gaustad (upper body) could return. Forward Colin Wilson (upper body) is skating on his own; he has missed eight games. Forward Patric Hornqvist (upper body) returned Monday.

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Steve Sullivan​
|
Antonie Vermette​
|
Shane Doan (C)
Radim Vrbata​
|
Martin Hanzal(A)
|
Mikkel Boedker​
Robert Klinkhammer​
|
Boyd Gordon​
|
David Moss​
Raffi Torres​
|
Kyle Chipchura​
|
Lauri Korpikoski???​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Oliver Ekman-Larsson​
|
Derek Morris​
Keith Yandle (A)
|
Michael Stone​
Rostislav Klesla​
|
David Schlemko​

Goalie​
LoL Our Only Hope​

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020498&navid=sb:preview
Coyotes goalie Mike Smith (upper body) will miss his fourth straight game. Forward Lauri Korpikoski (upper body) did not play Wednesday. Defenseman Zbynek Michalek (lower body) is day-to-day. …

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The Coyotes always seem to lose when the opposing teams name is changed. Maybe this will give us good fortune in terms of tanking.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
AP, that is very thoughtful of you to aid in our tanking efforts.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Preds will be desperate and rested. Coyotes will be doing a quick turn around, with nothing to play for. Could get ugly.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Public holiday tomorrow, so I'll finally get to watch a full game. Then, win or lose, get myself horrifically drunk. Yay.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Predicted NHL page headlines on Friday:

Coyote Ugly.

Predators feed on desert dogs.

Babar sets record for turnovers by a goaltender - expects to start again on Saturday.

Maloney trades himself at the deadline for three 1st round picks.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I expect Chad Johnson to start tonight....3rd game in a row that I have had this expectation.

I don't think it matters. LOL's was good enough except his little errant pass. Bottom line is the defense can't stop acting like pylons for 5 seconds and prevent opposing forwards from blowing by them right to the slot unobstructed.

:shakehead

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'm still mad we didn't tank for Tavares!

Yet we have managed to do better without him and he has yet to make the playoffs with the Islanders. Tavares is a great player but it is not like we can't get someone like him or better in the draft or that our future rellies solely on getting Tavares or not.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
No matter what you think of him as a Coyote, it's Steve Sullivan's 1000th game. He played five seasons with the Preds, so he should get a warm reception when they make the announcement.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Barbs in net signifies their intentions. If you were trying to win, you'd put Johnson in on a back-to-back.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Barbs in net signifies their intentions. If you were trying to win, you'd put Johnson in on a back-to-back.

Agreed. I have no idea whether Johnson's a better goalie, but Labarbera's record speaks for itself: his presence in net removes all confidence from the team. The players obviously feel they can't win with him back there. You can tell by the panicky defense, too - everybody's trying to make sure no puck makes it to the net, which leads to terrible mistakes.

At least, with Smith the strategy is consistent: get the rebounds, clear the slot, and let him see the shots. With Labarbera, all bets are off.

theoriginal55

Aug 6, 2005
Johnson played great in his only 2 starts, why not give him the start? Tipp should have started him the last two games imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad