Ballard- Stubbed toe

Scheidner to start is 7th straight game for the "THEM"

Last edited:

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Dare i say it, can we win three in a row
I think we can, big game to keep this supposed playoff push somewhat alive

Eberle seems to be playing much bedtter lately dubey looked great in relief last game

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
I'm just hoping for less DB Canuck fans in Rexall than normal. Realistic hope? Not really.

Good luck with that.

As long as our Oil put in a full 60 minutes, they really showed some resolve coming back from 3 deficits to beat a hard working Blue Jackets team.

We should have beat these guys in our barn last time we played them, time to make up for that.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
not sure how this game will go. this is where we have to win to make the playoffs.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
if the oilers can actually magically pull out a win here (which i do not expect them to...) then i still might have some playoff hopes. Otherwise, I'll still be hoping for a 9-10th place finish for Edm, and will actually be happy with that.

i predict a 4-2 win for the canucks. 2 PP goals for the canucks and 2 defensive breakdowns by the oil.

I hope I'm wrong.

Unrealistic homer prediction: If the Oilers do bust out a win, I predict it will be an RNH breakout. Hopefully he returns to his "hockey night in canada" form and have a multipoint game on the big stage.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
If we can steal at least a point from Vancouver and then beat the piss out of Calgary the next two games I will be quite happy.

I agree. We really need to get at least 4 points out of these next 3 games. I think it's possible too as long as they play a complete game like they have shown they can and our goaltending is solid. 5 points would be even better. Everything is going to need to be on point down the stretch here.

I don't expect them to make the playoffs, would be a pleasant surprise and would mean some great hockey in these last games. I just want to see the push. I'm also heading up for the game on the 21st against the Ducks and it would be awesome if we had a chance, the game would be a lot more fun that way :D

Last edited:

Allforshow

Mar 13, 2013
I went to the game on feb 4th and I swear oiles fans where out numbered by Canucks fans. I can see why though. I'll be at this game to with a bag on my head

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The Canucks aren't playing very good hockey but Schneider is standing on his head. The Oilers solved Bobrovsky but I can't see them getting lucky in that regard two games in a row.

Sloth Slothersons*

I predict everyone on this board will get pissed off during the game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Bleh. Not expecting much from this game. Vancouver is hot.

Their 6 game win streak is rather deceiving on two accounts though. The first account is four of the six games have been against non-playoff teams, including Colorado twice. The other account is they haven't been scoring many goals during the streak. Three or less goals for in 5 of the 6 wins...as another poster said, it has been all Schneider. He's due for a stinker.

I think if the Oilers can come out flying and punish them early with a few hits and get an early lead, they'll have a good shot. If they start like they did against Columbus by standing around puck watching, it could get ugly. As long as they win in regulation, it'll be a great day.

OilerNut*

Their 6 game win streak is rather deceiving on two accounts though. The first account is four of the six games have been against non-playoff teams, including Colorado twice. The other account is they haven't been scoring many goals during the streak. Three or less goals for in 5 of the 6 wins...as another poster said, it has been all Schneider. He's due for a stinker.

I think if the Oilers can come out flying and punish them early with a few hits and get an early lead, they'll have a good shot. If they start like they did against Columbus by standing around puck watching, it could get ugly. As long as they win in regulation, it'll be a great day.

Any win would be good, we aren't chasing the Canucks.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Against the Canucks? I'm gonna say 3-2 for the Oilers, one of the goals will be on the only powerplay we get, one will be fluky and one will be impressive. I say they are scored by Nuge (powerplay), Hall (fluky) and Paajarvi (impressive) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad