GDT: Game 34 - CBJ at DRW - 17 Dec, 7:30pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Last night, against the best team in the NHL, was awesome. Now we're moving on to the worst team in the NHL. I'm not even going to try to predict how this goes.

bluejackets.com doesn't have a preview article up yet, so no projected lineup yet. Will come back to it later. Ditto redwings.nhl.com. :(

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Wings' last game (Trigger warning: The Former #7):

Reactions: Madifer

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
A little surprised the Wings aren't a bit better. There's talent up front with Larkin, Bertuzzi, Mantha and Athanasiou, but that d-corps is terrible (besides Hronek), and goaltending not much better. Let's see what the Jackets have left in the tank after last night.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I admit I’d feel quite confident in projecting a win if Korpi were starting. But I’ll just have to hope Elvis can score his first win.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I thought I’d heard it’d be Elvis but I’m not certain that’s the case.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I thought I’d heard it’d be Elvis but I’m not certain that’s the case.
Part of me says "this is a brutal condensed schedule with 11 games in 23 days followed by a three day break for Christmas and then 13 games in 25 days" Elvis HAS to get his share of starts during this crazy stretch.

The other part of me says "the organization does not see themselves as being out of the playoffs and are (and should) be still trying to win." We are behind the chasing the standings...seven point behind the Flyers for the final WC spot. Teams chasing the standings cannot afford to give their #1 as many games off as lead dogs can.

I expect Elvis to play tonight and for D&S to bitch that he's getting the away game of a back to back setting him up for failure. Of course this is what Korpi always got when backing up Bobs.

I just wanna win.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Werenski is back. I guess that means Harrington is out again.
I have no issues with Harry's game. He's less skilled and talented than the other d-men so he plays a simple game but he's effective and always been a solid contributor on the PK. That said, really glad to see Z back.

Peeker has played well but expect he will go back to Cleveland when the blue line is more healthy in general.

Any word on Nuti?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I have no issues with Harry's game. He's less skilled and talented than the other d-men so he plays a simple game but he's effective and always been a solid contributor on the PK. That said, really glad to see Z back.

Peeker has played well but expect he will go back to Cleveland when the blue line is more healthy in general.

Any word on Nuti?
Supposedly still say to day but the last I saw hinted that the reason he is still out is not the same reason he got knocked out to begin with.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I really hope Korpisalo gets the start - need to grow his confidence even more, and ride the hot hand. Now is the time to make up points, not in February and March.

He had to rot on the bench when Bob was hot - let Elvis feel the same.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Back to the good old CBJ days when Marc Denis had to start almost 70 games to keep us competitive.

Play Elvis. We aren't making the playoffs this year, get him some game experience and hopefully build his confidence.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Look, I'm not saying but...

The Jackets, *somehow*, play three teams worse than them the next three games. Win those three and they're 16-14-6, and maybe the gap on WC2 will have closed to under 6 points (Philly is playing Anaheim, Buffalo, and Ottawa their next three games). We also play Washington the 27th, who we apparently own and get Chicago on the 29th. This team *could* play its way into that wild card discussion, especially if the Metro starts cooling off, though I wouldn't count on it given their inconsistency. But if ever there was a week to two weeks to make a move in the standings, now is it. They also get a lot of the California teams (four straight against them) in January and they all suck this season.

I'm not calling it, but the schedule sets up as favorably as you could ask (besides playing the Caps every game) the next month or so.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This is Korpisalo's 4th game in 6 days since he played 2 periods against Ottawa. I feel like this is a bad decision. I don't care if Detroit is the worst team in the league so far this season.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I’m not sure what people aren’t understanding, Torts clearly hates Elvis and won’t play him again any time soon. You don’t pull him after the first period of a game if you have no trust whatsoever in him as an NHL player.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’m not sure what people aren’t understanding, Torts clearly hates Elvis and won’t play him again any time soon. You don’t pull him after the first period of a game if you have no trust whatsoever in him as an NHL player.
And yet everyone give him so much credit for playing the younger players in other positions and how he is learning to trust them. Yay for double standards.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm surprised Korpi starts back to back... He must want to play...

A win finally gets us back to .500... They've looked good the last several games.. We need +5 games over .500 to have any hope of the playoffs...

Who knows; a trade or two, Atkinson has an epiphany, Elvis see's an NHL puck.... one never knows...

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I'm surprised Korpi starts back to back... He must want to play...

A win finally gets us back to .500... They've looked good the last several games.. We need +5 games over .500 to have any hope of the playoffs...

Who knows; a trade or two, Atkinson has an epiphany, Elvis see's an NHL puck.... one never knows...

He wants that contract so lets ride him as he doesnt have much wear and tear on him. He has been good lately.

Reactions: Robert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad