GDT: Game 34: Canadiens @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Did I hear McConnell say that Dvorak & Vinnestroza were skating by themselves?

Yeah, both of them have upper body injuries so they're free to skate. Hopefully Vinnie is close, but I bet Dvo is still a couple months away.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Welp boys. I'm on the hype train again. This team is dead in the water, we didn't do anything about our injuries and it looks like nothing will get better.

GO! TANK! WIN!!!

EjTAeqq.gif

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I’ve given it some thought, and I think our main problem is that we’re a really bad hockey club. Our ownership is bad, our management is bad, our coaching is bad, and our players are bad. That’s the main problem. We’re a really bad club.

I wish it was like soccer; the Coyotes would fall down leagues until they found a spot commensurate with their income and competence.

Reactions: zz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Schmlatz keeps playing like this he will end up on the 4th line very soon.
First few games he played hard. Not sure what happened to him, is he hurt or simply doesnt try anymore.
Chychrun has also very bad game so far tonight.
That was the criticism of him in Chicago. Chychrun has not played well in the D zone this year, in my opinion.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah.... never quite understood why he recycles the same cliches. I get he's trying to be entertaining for the casual fans watching but there's limits.
Every color crew recycles their cliches. There is only so many different things you can say, and the only reason it stands out is because you hear it every game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wasn't going to say anything during the serious portion of the game for obvious reasons, but he actually wasn't very good tonight. He was moving around well but discombobulated.
Like he was here the last two years.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Every color crew recycles their cliches. There is only so many different things you can say, and the only reason it stands out is because you hear it every game.

Not to the extent Tyson does. I've listened to other crews and rarely hear a lot of repetitive yammering.

Tyson needs to mix in a salad more often (and not in reference to what he always calls his hair).

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
This game is evidence we are bottom dwellers in the league.
The Canadians really didn't come to play, 3 games in 4 nights.
We were scrappy and hard working which is something we are trending towards and I like it. Some of our softies are actually going to the net.
But with our top 5 league goalie out we're heading to the lottery.
nice to see Alex actually put forward some effort last night. He's really just not that good of a hockey player. Very average.
Lyubushkin played his best game of the year. He's marginal at the best of times.
We have injuries like a lot of teams . It just hurts us more because of the lack of high end talent on this team.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The issue remains one of talent. We don’t have the talent to compete, pure and simple. While I’m no fan of Tocchet, Jack Adams or Toe Blake couldn’t turn this roster into a contender.

We need to find a successful and established GM and let him build a roster. No more hiring of math geniuses out of junior high school.

Reactions: CNYCrunchfan1

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I agree with the first part.

The second part needs more cash to work with. We spend the least of any team and are only reaching the cap floor with fake money.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
The issue remains one of talent. We don’t have the talent to compete, pure and simple. While I’m no fan of Tocchet, Jack Adams or Toe Blake couldn’t turn this roster into a contender.

We need to find a successful and established GM and let him build a roster. No more hiring of math geniuses out of junior high school.

This exactly...I feel the Yotes are just some high school science project. I want a real hockey guy GM who hates losing with a passion. A real owner who has money who also hates losing with a passion. Otherwise were all just wasting our time.

Reactions: CLW

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

The only recent game we didn't compete in was against Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad