GDT: Game 33: Sabres vs Capitals - 12/15 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
And yet, here we are. But I love how it just gets to you, it’s like bonus money found. I didn’t mean for it to come off, but it’s like an itch you need to scratch.
It does get to me the way some “fans” of this team go out of their way to tear down Jack. This season must be killing them.

It’s not hard to take your post that way when the overwhelming majority are negative towards Jack.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Learned my lesson today. I won't use words that people from Quebec use when they are angry, when I don't know what the word means. Sorry Moderator, didn't know it was offensive.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Did the caps dman maybe deflect that? I still don't know how he missed the entire net

He didn't position his body in such a way that would have been square to the net. If I am recalling this correctly, he was basically facing Jack to receive the pass and, upon receiving the pass, he shot it in the direction he was facing. Hence, missed the net. It probably doesn't need to be said that "Sam is not a natural goal-scorer," but...Sam is not a natural goal-scorer and that play was The People's Exhibit 1.

I'M NOT SAYING HE'S BAD DO NOT @ ME

Reactions: searoc

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Nate Beaulieu was crushing it in shot attempts for in 3:24 of ES ice time. Also Dahlin and Bogo (and, huge credit to them for putting up good shot metrics, because they played a lot). Literally everyone else on the team was an orange cone.

Scandella deserves a special mention here for producing a 16.67% CF in almost 20 MINUTES of ES ice time. That is the absolute worst performance of the season (or, perhaps, many seasons).

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Never thought I'd see the day when I would be worried about not having Nathan Beaulieu on the blueline. Does this mean Tennyson stays? :ha:

Jack and Dahlin are going to be fun to watch over the next 10+ years.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Never thought I'd see the day when I would be worried about not having Nathan Beaulieu on the blueline. Does this mean Tennyson stays? :ha:

Jack and Dahlin are going to be fun to watch over the next 10+ years.

McCabe, Pilut, Nelson, Beaulieu ... out.
Hunwick in tomorrow. So yea, Tennyson will play.
Risto
Bogo
Dahlin
Scandella

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I don’t care what Jason was like 5 years ago in a shootout, he’s not a guy you put out before a guy like Sam, Dahlin or Skinner at this point.

It isn't about what he was 5 years ago. He is flat out good at shootouts. Over the last 5 years he is 57% which is above his career average. Jason Pominville always has been and still is good at shootouts. Skinner on the other hand is probably the worst shootout player we have on the team. Over the last 5 years he is 0 for 19. No NHL coach in their right mind would take Skinner in a shootout over Pominville.

It's amazing how some posters here keep clamoring about how terrible Phil is for not putting a guy who is 0 for 19 into a shootout. Phil is dumb for not playing Skinner in OT if Skinner was able to play, but he should pretty much never be used in a shootout.

Reactions: Chainshot

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
It isn't about what he was 5 years ago. He is flat out good at shootouts. Over the last 5 years he is 57% which is above his career average. Jason Pominville always has been and still is good at shootouts. Skinner on the other hand is probably the worst shootout player we have on the team. Over the last 5 years he is 0 for 19. No NHL coach in their right mind would take Skinner in a shootout over Pominville.

It's amazing how some posters here keep clamoring about how terrible Phil is for not putting a guy who is 0 for 19 into a shootout. Phil is dumb for not playing Skinner in OT if Skinner was able to play, but he should pretty much never be used in a shootout.
I wasn't advocating for Skinner, and I know Pominville was decent at shoot outs, but his attempt last night was so...pedestrian. Meh.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
You’re not one of them but I recall many raging about the coach not playing he kids and putting Sobtoka out. Now he went the way they wanted and they were still complaining.

We were actually much better in OT than the Caps.
Agree. We were....

Thanks for the prop but I can think of a few times where if I could do it over... I would have distributed ice time better across my teams.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad