GDT: Game 33: Sabres vs Capitals - 12/15 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Game Preview: 12/15/18 at Washington

Source: SabresDigitalPressBox.com

LAST GAME
Thursday, December 13
Arizona 1 at Buffalo 3
Goals: Mittelstadt, Skinner, Rodrigues
Goalie: Hutton (25 saves/26 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 2/2; Shots: Buffalo 33 – Arizona 26

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 125)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 32 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 32 games
Marco Scandella (upper body, Nov. 27; injured reserve) – 8 games
Jake McCabe (upper body, Nov. 29; injured reserve) – 6 games
Casey Nelson (upper body, Dec. 8; injured reserve) – 3 games
Patrik Berglund (illness, Dec. 11) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/12: Assigned D Matt Hunwick to Rochester (AHL) on a conditioning loan

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Dec. 16: Buffalo at Boston, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 18: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 21: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 22: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 27: Buffalo at St. Louis, 8 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at CAPITALS

• This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Capitals this season.
  • Last meeting: Washington defeated Buffalo 5-1 in Washington on Feb. 24
  • Next meeting: Friday, Dec. 21 in Washington
  • The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Capitals; 3-6-1 on the road.
  • This is the 159th game all-time between Buffalo and Washington; Buffalo has an 88-50-20 series record.
  • The Sabres are 41-27-11 on the road against the Capitals all-time.
THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY
  • The Sabres are 7-8-3 all-time on December 15.
  • December 15, 1977: Gilbert Perreault scores a goal in each period to help the Sabres beat the St. Louis Blues 7-4. It was Perreault’s first of a career-high four hat tricks during the 1977-78 season.
  • December 15, 2010: Buffalo gets two third-period goals from Drew Stafford to seal a 3-2 home win over the Boston Bruins, marking the 1,500th win in franchise history.
  • December 15, 2017: Sam Reinhart appears in his 200th NHL game, Jack Eichel records his first career hat trick and Jake McCabe posts a career-best three points (1+2) in a 5-4 overtime loss vs. Carolina.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
  • With a goal and an assist in his last two games, Evan Rodrigues is seeking his first three-game point streak since finishing the 2018-19 season with points in three straight.
  • Jack Eichel enters tonight’s contest on a four-game point streak (5+2). The Capitals join the Blues, Canadiens and Panthers as one of four NHL teams that Eichel has yet to score a goal against.
  • Sam Reinhart has a goal and an assist in his last two games against Washington.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This game is ripe for Buffalo to take.

My guess: Buffalo 6 - Washington 2

Eichel with the hatty

Reactions: WYFR

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
When was the last time we had a D-man score s goal? It feels like it's been a while...

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Caps are looking good lately and the reigning Cup champs, so we should probably lose... which means we'll show up tonight.

But the Caps are probably a little tired after playing last night, and we're getting the backup, and we've had a day or two off, so we should probably win... which means we'll completely fall apart.

Game could go either way. :laugh:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I have both a good and bad feeling about this one in terms of win/loss. I really don’t know which way it will go but honestly I’m thinking we’ll be pleasantly surprised at the end of it all in terms of effort. Win or loss I think the team shows up strong tonight.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
These are the type of games where Housley's line-up decisions could a really hurt the team. Hopefully he tweaked the lines a bit, though it's doubtful.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Just put Elie in the game, bump ERod up.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Sheary - Mittelstadt - Okposo
ERod - Sobotka - Thompson
Elie - Larsson - Girgensons

And wait for Wilson to get healthy.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Ovi's had back to back hatties, so the odds of him getting one tonight are very low. I hope Risto does this to him all night long.

Love the hit but the Caps have the worst announcing team in the league - even more than Boston. I just can't stand the voice of either of those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad