GDT: Game 33: Oilers 0-4 BLACKHAWKS | SO for Crow. Toews with only 3 pts? Trade him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
I still can't believe that we haven't had a shootout yet. I know that OT scoring is up a lot, but you'd still think we probably would've had one by now. A Kane, Toews, Panarin, Teravainen shootout would be fun to watch!! Maybe Anisimov too cuz he's the only one that can score on breakaways lol.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's not so sure yet.... must check the stats first. :laugh:

It's true, I don't like going straight off the eye-test, or 'Earth is flat' test, because eyes often lie. Numbers dont.

I wasn't shocked to find that yes, the stats reinforce what my eyes told me. The 2nd line and the 3rd pair had the worst possession stats on the team. Hemmed in their zone all night.

I don't know how you can say the 3rd D pairing was "terrible". We had a shutout, Oilers barely had any quality chances. Terrible? C'mon.

I'm glad it didn't bite them in the ass tonight. Hat's off to Crawford being godly again. But that's two games in a row where the 3rd pair has been hemorrhaging shot attempts and zone time against, and if it continues (which it will), then it will exploited by better teams.

The 2nd line has been good enough, long enough that I'm willing to write it off as a bad game. Hopefully they get back to where they were against Buffalo.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's true, I don't like going straight off the eye-test, or 'Earth is flat' test, because eyes often lie. Numbers dont.

I wasn't shocked to find that yes, the stats reinforce what my eyes told me. The 2nd line and the 3rd pair had the worst possession stats on the team. Hemmed in their zone all night.

I'm glad it didn't bite them in the ass tonight. Hat's off to Crawford being godly again. But that's two games in a row where the 3rd pair has been hemorrhaging shot attempts and zone time against, and if it continues (which it will), then it will exploited by better teams.

The 2nd line has been good enough, long enough that I'm willing to write it off as a bad game. Hopefully they get back to where they were against Buffalo.

Not lately... not for a good 5 games or so; they have struggled with and without the puck.. That line definitely needs to quit the globetrotter stuff and play much better without the puck.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Numbers can 100% not tell the story. If number were as great as you think they are then scouts and other wouldn't really be needed. Thoughts like this are a huge reason why I don't think people who go just by the numbers (not saying you) are not as hockey smart as someone who played the game a higher levels. Numbers are great as a tool but not the be all end all.

Kane's line might not of had great numbers but they had a big influence on the game via match ups and how the opposing team played against the Hawks.

Your number tell you Crow was godly but I can argue that while he played well he did not play great. His rebound direction control was poor at times. Numbers don't tell you that.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Yet, you are pretty much the only one saying the 3rd pairing was terrible. It wasn't, and no one cares what the stats say, because everyone who watched the game completely, disagrees with you, and the stats.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually I thought Rozsival led a lot of attacks and had shots on net too.. If the stats for 3rd pair were bad it must be because they were on with the 2nd line a lot and Anisimov and Kane were having g poor games...Panarin was good and did play hard on the back checks but when in our zone if 2 of the 3 forwards are not check g hard you will leave your Dmen to fend fir themselves...Yet when they did get out of the zone Rozsival and Scuderi looked fine in their neutral zone and o-zone times..To my eyes..AND so their d-zone p- stats were not so good it was because of mainly poor d-zone work by Anisimov and Kane not too 8nto rested in that hard work..On tge plus side for the 3rd D-pairs they did not allow a goal..so took men out at proper times and blocked lanes and shots I the right spots..CC had shots on him..but not that many dangerous "A" chance shots I thought..so 3rd pair d was fine overall to my eyes.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The third pairing was fine last night. We should be lucky enough that they should stay this horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad