Pre-Game Talk: GAME #33 - Canucks vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA

A look back at the first ever meeting between the Canucks and Blue Jackets. The Jackets were founded in 2000, and began playing at the start of the 2000-01 season. This is from November 19, 2000:

From their first meeting to their last as Western Conference opponents on Tuesday night.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
lol this is getting too funny. Anyways about the Jackets I cannot wait till they are gone so many boring games against them hopefully the Canucks make the last meeting a good one. I would play Schneider and then give him a break on Thursday against Colorado.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hey. Remember when we used to expect an easy 2 points every time we faced Columbus?

Not anymore.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Not going to lie. I enjoy watching Ballard and Burrows on the same line. :handclap: I hope they play together again.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hopefully we win 6-1 like the Canucks did back in 2000 in their first game against the Jackets in the West.

What a goal by Donald Brashear.

gocanucks676

Mar 23, 2006
A look back at the first ever meeting between the Canucks and Blue Jackets. The Jackets were founded in 2000, and began playing at the start of the 2000-01 season. This is from November 19, 2000:

From their first meeting to their last as Western Conference opponents on Tuesday night.

Naslund :bow:

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Hi again...

Not sure how this one will go. Blue Jackets came out completely flat in Nashville on Saturday. Bob started, then Bob got pulled after letting in 4 goals in 11 shots (it was either the fastest or second fastest 4 goals in NSH history). Then, the team buckled down and didn't look that bad after the first period. Of course, by then they were down 4-1 and Nashville was content with just playing defense from that point on. Mason didn't let anything in, the 5th NSH goal was an empty-netter.

Will they rebound or play like crap? I have no idea.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Hi again...

Not sure how this one will go. Blue Jackets came out completely flat in Nashville on Saturday. Bob started, then Bob got pulled after letting in 4 goals in 11 shots (it was either the fastest or second fastest 4 goals in NSH history). Then, the team buckled down and didn't look that bad after the first period. Of course, by then they were down 4-1 and Nashville was content with just playing defense from that point on. Mason didn't let anything in, the 5th NSH goal was an empty-netter.

Will they rebound or play like crap? I have no idea.

I think I remember the Canucks scoring 4 goals in a very short time against LA in the early 90's. I wonder where that ranks.

Off to google...

Could only find this so far...

FASTEST THREE GOALS IN A SINGLE GAME (one player): BILL MOSIENKO, 21 SECONDS, March 23, 1952

FASTEST THREE GOALS IN A SINGLE GAME (one team): 20 seconds - Boston Bruins, at Boston, Feb. 25, 1971 3rd period.
--John Bucyk scored at 4:50, Ed Westfall at 5:02 and Ted Green at 5:10.
Also found this: :shakehead

By 9:45 of the first period, the Bruins were completely in charge of things. They were only too happy to knock the stuffing out of anyone in a white sweater while the Canucks numbly considered the fact they just surrendered the fastest four goals by one team in the history of the Stanley Cup final, in four minutes, 14 seconds.

Maybe we at least scored the fastest 11 goals in NHL history. :dunno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->