HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Cz9mezuXUAA936S.jpg:large

bnz7bLS.jpg

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Today's Officials

Referees Evgeny Romasko (39), Tom Kowal (32)
Linesmen Steve Miller (89), Brad Kovachik (71)

Ntl. Anthem Mackenzie Clement

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs LOS ANGELES, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Kings are meeting for the 138th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 82-38-13-4 record and 547-429 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 47-13-6-3 in their 69 home games of this lifetime series with a 305-197 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Kings won both games of last season’s series with Boston’s last win over the Kings a 3-1 home victory on Jan. 31, 2015 … The Bruins are 5-5-4 in their last 14 games overall vs. Los Angeles and they are 3-1-3 in their last 7 vs. the Kings in Boston.

Fun Fact: 12 of the last 14 games between these teams have been either 1-goal (1-1-4 record) or 2-goal (3-3-0 mark) decisions.

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins host the Kings today in the 1st of 2 games between these teams and the Kings’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden …The Bruins are 16-13-3 thus far this season with a 7-8-0 mark on home ice … They are 1-2-0 vs. Pacific Division opponents and are 4-6-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are playing today their 3rd of 13 afternoon games on this season’s schedule and they have won their previous 2 matinees.

INJURIES (88 total man-games lost)

David Pastrnak - 12/16 olecranon bursa removal from right elbow; Will miss next 2 games and will be reevaluated
Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 6 games (IR)
John-Michael Liles – Concussion; Has missed 9 games (IR)

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 4 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.
Jimmy Hayes is 4 points short of his 100th NHL point.

cut.JPG

The Bruins will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for the US Marine Corps "Toys for Tots" program during the next two home games on Sunday, December 18 and Tuesday, December 20.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Some of you today will have the pleasure of enjoying who should have become the Bruins voice after Fred Cusick retired - Gary Thorne will call the game on Kings TV.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I didn't see this so I posted a pre game thread...Please delete

Hope for a win with NO injuries.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Some of you today will have the pleasure of enjoying who should have become the Bruins voice after Fred Cusick retired - Gary Thorne will call the game on Kings TV.

That is one ominous looking skyline in that picture of TD garden. Might perfectly sum up the mood for some.:laugh:

Was there a connection at the time with Thorne in a broadcasting role with the Bruins?

These two teams are somewhat similar with good team defence and some relied on players struggling on offence this year. Major difference for the Kings is they have no Quicke. B's failed to capitalize when they had Bernier on the ropes against the Ducks and could not put him away. Something the Wings were able to do last night against him in a come back 6-4 win. Kings have received spotty play from Budji and Zackoff in net. Time to capitalize on an opportunity when it does presents itself.

Let's Go Bruins!

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
A win with no injuries would be great.

Budaj in net. Light em up

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I know some dont agree, but matinee games are the best. Its 10 am here, beer in hand :) Triple header today for Boston sports w/ the Bruins, Pats, and Celtics.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I know some dont agree, but matinee games are the best. Its 10 am here, beer in hand :) Triple header today for Boston sports w/ the Bruins, Pats, and Celtics.
I do not mind them either. I live in Saskatchewan so the game starts at noon my time. Not to early to have a couple beers and I will make a decent lunch. The result of the game will determine how many more beers I need today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->