Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
je9iTfe.jpg

7SHjlnF.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You don't typically beat teams 3 games in a row in such a condensed period of time in the NHL, no matter how good or bad you think they are.

Plus, its not like Montreal is a world beater. I give them full credit for all the results they have been getting this season, but they aren't good enough to be taking anyone for granted.

Reactions: Forum93

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I enjoy being able to post with you guys/gals and don’t want to lose it. Are there words I’m not supposed to use? Right now I am aware of the T word and C word. Is there a brochure or schematic out there? Thanks in advance! Go Habs Go!

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You don't typically beat teams 3 games in a row in such a condensed period of time in the NHL, no matter how good or bad you think they are.

Plus, its not like Montreal is a world beater. I give them full credit for all the results they have been getting this season, but they aren't good enough to be taking anyone for granted.

I don't know exactly how typical it is, but Habs did it to the Sens two seasons ago. They beat them three times in a week.

March 18th: Habs 4 Sens 3
March 19th: Habs 4 Sens 1
March 25th: Habs 3 Sens 1

Also last season, Boston beat Habs three times in a row inside a week.

Jan. 13th: Bruins 4 Habs 3
Jan. 17th: Bruins 4 Habs 1
Jan. 20th: Bruins 4 Habs 1

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know exactly how typical it is, but Habs did it to the Sens two seasons ago. They beat them three times in a week.

March 18th: Habs 4 Sens 3
March 19th: Habs 4 Sens 1
March 25th: Habs 3 Sens 1

Also last season, Boston beat Habs three times in a row inside a week.

Jan. 13th: Bruins 4 Habs 3
Jan. 17th: Bruins 4 Habs 1
Jan. 20th: Bruins 4 Habs 1

Yeah you can also include the playoffs, it just does not happen very often at all.

Sometimes, you can probably go an entire season without playing a team 3 times in 2 weeks, but when you do, chances are you will not got 3-0 or 0-3.

Montreal is also supposed to be more or less at a lottery level, not in the middle of the pack, so I can't see how this game is a slam dunk.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Yeah you can also include the playoffs, it just does not happen very often at all.

Sometimes, you can probably go an entire season without playing a team 3 times in 2 weeks, but when you do, chances are you will not got 3-0 or 0-3.

Montreal is also supposed to be more or less at a lottery level, not in the middle of the pack, so I can't see how this game is a slam dunk.

So many strange arguments in one post.

Someone just pointed out that it's not that rare considering it happened two times in the last two seasons; despite the fact that even playing that many games against a team in such a short period of time is rare.

The bold is obvious; the chances of winning, or losing, 3 games in a row in any fashion is lower than all the alternatives.

No one said it was a slam dunk.

I also don't see how the predicted quality of the team going into the season has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of this game tonight.

Reactions: Tuggy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So many strange arguments in one post.

Someone just pointed out that it's not that rare considering it happened two times in the last two seasons; despite the fact that even playing that many games against a team in such a short period of time is rare.

The bold is obvious; the chances of winning, or losing, 3 games in a row in any fashion is lower than all the alternatives.

No one said it was a slam dunk.

I also don't see how the predicted quality of the team going into the season has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of this game tonight.

It probably happens every year (and I include the playoffs in that), but that doesn't mean it's not rare.

If the Habs lose this one, I think you will see alot of pissed off people who will wonder how they could lose to this team. People generally expect this to be a win, but I'm not as confident.

As for your last paragraph, it's only strange if you are convinced that their current middle of the pack status is not a mirage. I'm not so sure of that yet.

Florida is currently in the basement, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I expect them to stay there either.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->