GDT: Game #32 of the season Kings visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 12 - 12 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
james-i.jpg

12 - 18 - 2 for 26 points with a Road Record of 2 - 12 - 1 and are 3 - 6 - 1 in last 10 games

Production Leaders
Goals: Kopitar with 11
Assists: Kopitar with 18

vs.

vmSIWt.gif

13 - 14 - 4 for 30 points with a Home Record of 8 - 6 - 2 and are 3 - 5 - 2 in last 10 games

Production Leaders
Goals: Silfverberg with 11
Assists: Getzlaf with 15

s-l300.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
They have earned more points than us the last 10 games.
They are#3 in the league in Shot Attempts.

They will go down tonight.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Agreed on Gibby. If he would have played to his level, I swear the Ducks would be in a playoff spot.

As for this game, it going to be a fun one! The Kings have been playing much better and both teams seem to thrive off this matchup.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Goalies are fickle. Maybe this will be wildly unpopular, maybe I'll look foolish on this one in a few years, but I suspect we'll regret signing him to a massive extension right at the peak of his value.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Goalies are fickle. Maybe this will be wildly unpopular, maybe I'll look foolish on this one in a few years, but I suspect we'll regret signing him to a massive extension right at the peak of his value.

It could have been worse. We could have signed him after last season not before it.

goalies are always risky and even the best have bad years though. I would much rather pay an elite 1D or 1C than a goalie.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I agree that goalies are fickle but the real time value on his contract right now is 1000% worth the gamble in the second half of the contract.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's time to take Gibson behind the shed already?

Already talk of possible regret about signing the best goaltender in the NHL to a long term deal in his mid 20's? Yikes.

Reactions: Mallard

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
No one should be bulletproof, not even Gibson. He hasn't been any better than average this year. Hopefully, he can find himself and Ducks will win more games.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Already talk of possible regret about signing the best goaltender in the NHL to a long term deal in his mid 20's? Yikes.

Gibson has not really been bad, he just hasn't been like Gibson. I look back at those games where he only gave up 2 goals. Where was the teams offense? Could be in a playoff spot now, pissed away points. Also this teams D when both Lindholm and Manson were out was horrendous. You throw an average goalie in with that defense.... yikes. I've been adamant about adding another Top 4 offensive D to add depth, but now want them to wait and see how they do now with both Manson and Guds in this line up. Hoping they will be solid moving forward.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Gibson is like Chuck Bartowski in Chuck season 4 when he couldn't use the intersect anymore and kept trying to make it work and he was plainly average without it.
Gibson needs to find his mojo and find it fast.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Thought Gibby deserved a bit more leeway than this. Yeesh.
source.gif

Not gonna crow about the extension (lol), but that's what happens when the standard you've set for yourself is analytics demigod. He'll get back to Vezina standards soon enough.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
.910 so far is his worst in his career. I`ll take these chances.

The concerns are with his health not his play, every goalie goes through ups and downs and I rather he does it in our rebuild year. The dude just said his opinion, anyways.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

John Gibson is 26 years old and is signed to a 8 year contract with a cap hit of $6,400,000 which is a great contract for us. Look at some recent goalie signings and you shouldn't complain about Ducks re-signing John Gibson to the contract he has. His contract is one of the most valuable if not most for a goalie in the NHL.

Reactions: Leonardo87

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Gibby is saving it for when he feels the team is good enough to deserve him being godly. Which hopefully will start tonight since the defense is set better with Manson now back. I'm sure he'll enjoy a ton of low percentage shots hitting him in the chest.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota

*shrug* I just don't trust goalies and don't want to be committed to one for 8 years no matter how good they are in the present. I wasn't a fan of it the day it was signed, either.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad