GDT: Game 32: Hall mid-game jersey swap – Devils @ Avs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
We're also on a points streak without Makar.

giphy.gif

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Ryan Graves was a monster last night. His work on the PK was tremendous. He's growing every game it seems. He's using his big frame and solid skating now to seperate players and clear pucks.

I mentioned this before but this guy hasn't even played like 60 games TOTAL in the NHL. If he had played 1 game less last year he would be considered a ROOKIE this year. So his development is clearly not finished yet. He's stepped up big since Makar went down and Girard has his head up his ass.

We give/gave him lots of shit before he deserves a bit of praise now imo.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
i didnt watch all of the game but is girard just mesing up playing RD? Could need more adjustment
Its deeper with G. He didnt look good anywhere last night be it right,left, o zone , dzone, neutral zone. He is just not cut out to be the guy. He cant handle heavy minutes against the other teams best players. We saw this earlier in the season aswell when Makar was still figuring out the NHL. If you play G on the second pairing and limit his ice time you will get the best out of him. He took a penalty last night, fumbled pucks on the PP and pretty much all over the ice, turned the pucks over alot and scored on his tendy. He was the worst dman by alot last night.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ryan Graves was a monster last night. His work on the PK was tremendous. He's growing every game it seems. He's using his big frame and solid skating now to seperate players and clear pucks.

I mentioned this before but this guy hasn't even played like 60 games TOTAL in the NHL. If he had played 1 game less last year he would be considered a ROOKIE this year. So his development is clearly not finished yet. He's stepped up big since Makar went down and Girard has his head up his ass.

We give/gave him lots of **** before he deserves a bit of praise now imo.
I still have a problem with him not being able to clear the puck on the PK. He needs to be 100% on those. When he figures that out hes gonna be a heck of a bottom player.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know this probably won't surprise anyone but I got super-annoyed with McNab last night for citing how heavy Jack Hughes' shot is. Even I can tell that of all the elite skill he possesses, his shot is...not that great. Two separate occasions he gushed about it. IMO that's not really on McNab--there are people behind the scenes who should inform him of stuff to talk about.

Overall, Avs once again lucky as hell and Frankie was superb (and also, the Devils are a truly horrid team) so they got the win.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I know this probably won't surprise anyone but I got super-annoyed with McNab last night for citing how heavy Jack Hughes' shot is. Even I can tell that of all the elite skill he possesses, his shot is...not that great. Two separate occasions he gushed about it. IMO that's not really on McNab--there are people behind the scenes who should inform him of stuff to talk about.

Overall, Avs once again lucky as hell and Frankie was superb (and also, the Devils are a truly horrid team) so they got the win.
Yah I didnt understand the gushing over Hughes shot lol. It might be the worst part of his game. Having said that wow was he impressive last night.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

He said the same thing about Nuke's shot. Nuke doesn't have a heavy shot even if he's a big guy, that goal was all on Domingue.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yah I didnt understand the gushing over Hughes shot lol. It might be the worst part of his game. Having said that wow was he impressive last night.

From the few times I’ve seen him, he might not be producing but man the flashes are there. I think he’s still learning what he’s capable of doing and his size and age definitely affects that. But yeah he’s going to be good. He’s to skilled not to.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He said the same thing about Nuke's shot. Nuke doesn't have a heavy shot even if he's a big guy, that goal was all on Domingue.
Yeah, that raised my eyebrows too. Nicely placed shot by Nuke, but Domingue saw it the whole way and just whiffed on it with his glove. Any NHL goalie worth a damn would have made that into a routine save.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yeah, that raised my eyebrows too. Nicely placed shot by Nuke, but Domingue saw it the whole way and just whiffed on it with his glove. Any NHL goalie worth a damn would have made that into a routine save.

Too bad Dominque did not have to face any of Burakosky's shots. That guy has like one of the best wrist shots on our team.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Too bad Dominque did not have to face any of Burakosky's shots. That guy has like one of the best wrist shots on our team.
Yeah, Bura had a weak game for sure. This should have been his playground but he never got himself into position to wire anything at the net.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
If I’m Sakic I’m not giving up any big name prospects, a couple of draft picks but that’s it. I wouldn’t touch what’s not broken and this team seems to find ways when guys are hurt to find another gear. I don’t want Hall at the cost of our prospect depth and cap space. Guy is closing in on 30 and wants to be paid but he’s always hurt. This is the first time ever the avalanche have had a prospect pool with top end players on the roster along with depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->