Robin Lehner
Corey Crawford
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injured:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
You know, right after the Oilers and Leafs, I can’t stand stand the Hawks. Even more than the Kings. Nice to see them at the bottom.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyway, I think we were fired up the other night to play for Kessel and I hope the same is true tonight for Schmaltz.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Ice-time vs the Pens, selected players.

Schmaltz: 12:18
Stepan: 21:27
Garland: 12:32
Kessel: 21:43

It should be possible to make som adjustments here.

What happened to Schmaltz, did he play his way down the charts? Did I miss something?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
P. Kane having another very good year. Hawks are scoring slightly more goals than us, and their defense isn't terrible. They are a team that could make a playoff run.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Outta curiosity I looked up how Perlini is doing since the move to Detroit ... one assist in 17 games. Holy hell.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Outta curiosity I looked up how Perlini is doing since the move to Detroit ... one assist in 17 games. Holy hell.

It's hard to understand how a player could fall off the cliff like that, same with Rieder. Can't be age. Maybe playing hurt, or some type of mental block.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Hayton is not playing tonight.
Should’ve just sent this ****ing kid down. What they’re doing to him is far worse than letting him destroy competition on a nightly basis.

They've played him in the top six and he hasn't produced. Playing him there was the right thing to do. Wish they'd done this in the past with high picks/offensive prospects. Difference is now they're winning and he's not producing. In the past I would have said let him play and work it out. Since they have a legit shot at the playoffs, they should have sent him down a while ago. No sense leaving him in the box or waiting for someone to get hurt so he can get 4th line minutes.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Should’ve just sent this ****ing kid down. What they’re doing to him is far worse than letting him destroy competition on a nightly basis.

Are you serious, not playing after the team lost it's last game? Please tell me has a cold or something.

Can't see any other meaningful explanation here. Burning a year for 14 games? Or for 5 games, technically.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ehh, Hayton is still practicing with NHL players. That has value. So too does sitting in the video sessions. I suspect we'll send him to the WJC and then go from there.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Ehh, Hayton is still practicing with NHL players. That has value. So too does sitting in the video sessions. I suspect we'll send him to the WJC and then go from there.

So let’s say AZ doesnt let him go, what happens then? He keeps riding the pine? Practice does not produce a player. The kid needs to see game action. He’s not playing. It’s foolish to keep him up. There is no reason for him to be here. He’s not playing.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The next time these two play will be my birthday.

Lucky me.

So, here's a dumb question:

If one captain and alternate is scratched or injured, does the team skate with one less captain?

Reactions: Summer Rose

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I'm guessing Hayton will get more playing time in the 2nd half of the season.

Tocchet was the HC in Tampa when Stamkos came in the league and their strategy for him involved a lot of gym time and watching the rest of the team play. Eventually when he got playing time he was too good to sit out and the rest is history.

When Hayton was playing he did get pushed around quite a bit. I think he needs to be a bit stronger.

Reactions: Mosby

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I disagree. They've taken the pressure off of him as our 1C savior, protected him and let him learn at the NHL level through practices and the occasional game. He also gets NHL level nutrition and most importantly, training. IMO he isn't strong enough yet to go day after day.

The Coyotes are handling him just right.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So let’s say AZ doesnt let him go, what happens then? He keeps riding the pine? Practice does not produce a player. The kid needs to see game action. He’s not playing. It’s foolish to keep him up. There is no reason for him to be here. He’s not playing.

Our premium prospect has played a total of 14 games since September. 2 and a half hours of actual game time in over two months. This is f***ing ridiculous.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Was going to say something along the lines of whether or not he was just good to have around because he is good in terms of being a "scout" team player and is really good at displaying the defensive tendencies of other teams/players. Doesn't hurt to understand the types of systems that each team runs.

I'm mixed because I don't think this screws up his development a ton. But from the standpoint of simply not playing, yes, this is frustrating.

Also, I am pretty certain that we have had far fewer injuries to our forwards to where Hayton must fit into the lineup. I think he probably gets about 30-40 games, but might push upwards of 50-55 if we have a bad injury take someone out of the lineup for a long time.

The sooner that we can lock down a top 3 spot in the division, the more likely that number reaches 35-40.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad