GDT: Game 31: St. Louis Blues @ Seattle Kraken - Snow Day in Seattle.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
So.. assuming nothing catastrophic (like nothing)… the Kraken managed to win 18 games in 31 games so far this season. Last season it took 61!!!!!!!!!! Wuuuuuut?

56 games to make it to 39 points as opposed to 31 this year. Incredible improvement and my math on that last fact might be wrong. Please scold me.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Good win and solid how the team, once again, took advantage of a tired opponent playing game two on a back-to-back.

Besides about five minutes in the third period, where we let them somewhat in, we took care of the Blues who didn't have their legs and couldn't really skate with us in this one.

Next up Vancouver on Thursday for another try to finally beat he Canucks.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So.. assuming nothing catastrophic (like nothing)… the Kraken managed to win 18 games in 31 games so far this season. Last season it took 61!!!!!!!!!! Wuuuuuut?

56 games to make it to 39 points as opposed to 31 this year. Incredible improvement and my math on that last fact might be wrong. Please scold me.
When I look back on the Kraken from last year they really weren't as bad as the record indicated. The goaltending hurt them as no one ready stood tall when the need arose. Jones has done that and Gru of late has done that as well this year. Players need to trust that their goaltenders will make the routine saves and some great saves. Nothing kills a team like a flakey 'tender.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
The team is good enough this year that they are starting to take advantage of that west coast thing where you have long road trip teams coming in at less than their best. The road trips can be the disadvantage of course but dominating at home is the key to accumulating the pts. and maybe making the playoffs.

Looking good with that one. Tanev was having a good game. he just brings that spark and it can be infectious.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I was on the boards only on and off during the game but could watch everything after we went up 2-0. The fact the Blues were able to get 2 was not indicative of our dominance in the game. The 1st one we gave up was just sloppy D, and the 2nd one was just not being able to clear the whole zone for most of the PK.

Such defenses lapses are bound to happen but during that short period of time in the 3rd we gave up quite a few chances where the rushing D-man was wide open for bombs. Need to figure out how to stay in coverage and not all cover the same side of the ice.

• Wow

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I was on the boards only on and off during the game but could watch everything after we went up 2-0. The fact the Blues were able to get 2 was not indicative of our dominance in the game. The 1st one we gave up was just sloppy D, and the 2nd one was just not being able to clear the whole zone for most of the PK.

Such defenses lapses are bound to happen but during that short period of time in the 3rd we gave up quite a few chances where the rushing D-man was wide open for bombs. Need to figure out how to stay in coverage and not all cover the same side of the ice.

With the way the Kraken play, I am not surprised the blues made a push there in the third.

If you are a team that dominates by out "efforting" your opponent, I don't care who you are, it is always going to be really hard to not ease up a bit when you are up 4-0 in the third period.

It was good to see them up their intensity again after the short lull though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad