GDT: Game 31: Some guys @ New York Islanders | 4:00PM | 98!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gallant's influence showing up on Cody

"we played a solid 60 minutes of hockey"

Ehhhhh I really hope he's not satisfied with how the team played. He played solid individually, sure, but we were outworked tonight.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Gallant's influence showing up on Cody

"we played a solid 60 minutes of hockey"

Ehhhhh I really hope he's not satisfied with how the team played. He played solid individually, sure, but we were outworked tonight.

Don't you remember college? You had to write papers that fit your professor's views to get a good grade.

He wants to stay at center.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Don't you remember college? You had to write papers that fit your professor's views to get a good grade.

He wants to stay at center.
I was mostly kidding...I know I didn't make that obvious but I was kind of making fun of myself for overanalyzing post game quotes.

I agree, and there's an impulse as an athlete at every level to try to keep your head up as best you can. If you don't get blown out it's easy to look at the positives and overstate them.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I did my part. We got a point out of it. But it’s hard to get the 2 points without help from Hangman and the cats.
Yes my bad, had hoped to only be out for a little bit, but then 100 million other things came up as it always does.

Also, Tuch seems to only score when I’m not watching :laugh:

With that L @Ginger Papa the next GDT is yours if you want it.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I was mostly kidding...I know I didn't make that obvious but I was kind of making fun of myself for overanalyzing post game quotes.

I agree, and there's an impulse as an athlete at every level to try to keep your head up as best you can. If you don't get blown out it's easy to look at the positives and overstate them.

I was joking too so we made the same mistake. :laugh:

As for Subban, it's a good run but I don't see him as a Cup winning goalie. And I think Fleury stays a season or two after this contract so I think he would have to look for that opportunity elsewhere.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Yes my bad, had hoped to only be out for a little bit, but then 100 million other things came up as it always does.

Also, Tuch seems to only score when I’m not watching :laugh:

With that L @Ginger Papa the next GDT is yours if you want it.
I can say with 100% certainty that you were missed. If you have the time, I suggest that you scroll through the Thread to see how pathetic we were without you. Ok, I’m exaggerating, but we did miss your presence and there was an obvious void if you go through the pages.

As for the GDT, absolutely I’ll give it a shot. Thank you for the opportunity. I’ll probably have a few questions but I’ll send them via conversation.

Cheers

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I can say with 100% certainty that you were missed. If you have the time, I suggest that you scroll through the Thread to see how pathetic we were without you. Ok, I’m exaggerating, but we did miss your presence and there was an obvious void if you go through the pages.

As for the GDT, absolutely I’ll give it a shot. Thank you for the opportunity. I’ll probably have a few questions but I’ll send them via conversation.

Cheers
I was missed lol.

Feel free to send any questions through. :thumbu:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I thought this game had some real ebbs and flows. The Isles came out with tons of energy, until midway through the second, when our boys figured them out. Happy to het a point, a little disappointed in the loss. Good goaltending on both sides. Time to rest Subbes!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I thought this game had some real ebbs and flows. The Isles came out with tons of energy, until midway through the second, when our boys figured them out. Happy to het a point, a little disappointed in the loss. Good goaltending on both sides. Time to rest Subbes!

I saw one giant tidal wave after another smashing our sand castles but Subban's castle could not be breached.
Stone, Stastny, Smith, Merrill, Reaves and Marchessault must have been out indulging in LI iced teas because they handled the puck like a grenade (Stone must have still been drunk because he was falling all over the ice).

Even McNabb did his bad pinching act with 1 minute to go in a tie game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad