GDT: Game #31 of the season Ducks visit Wild 8:00 PM ET on 12 - 10 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
*Wild was without Koivu and mostly in the game, Staal. That`s quite a hit for their C positions.
*I think we were in quite a tough team stretch for the last month. Now there we will be facing some relatively easier teams.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Really dislike the TOI allocation for Fowler tonight

In no world should he be playing less than a del zotto.

All of Lindholm Manson Fowler should be above 21/22 minutes regularly in games. Holzer and delzotto should not be seeing over 16-18 min a game

Fowler doesn't usually play on the PK. I'm very okay with that. MDZ earned 4:51 and Holzer earned 3:28 on the PK. I don't understand the dislike as MDZ and Holzer are clean in the plus/minus as well as helped to keep the PK clean on the boards. We won, our PK held, and Fowler was still effective, so I don't get the complaint and need for Fowler TOI boosting.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Really dislike the TOI allocation for Fowler tonight

In no world should he be playing less than a del zotto.

All of Lindholm Manson Fowler should be above 21/22 minutes regularly in games. Holzer and delzotto should not be seeing over 16-18 min a game
Its the short handed time the skewed it ... games where we have a lot of pp time fowler would likely have a ton of mins.

Even strength was fine

Reactions: Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
*Wild was without Koivu and mostly in the game, Staal. That`s quite a hit for their C positions.
*I think we were in quite a tough team stretch for the last month. Now there we will be facing some relatively easier teams.
Meh all those teams beating us without lindholm and manson, wins a win and at this point was much needed to boost the teams confidence really.

I thought we dominated most of the game, gibson let in a couple easy ones... id guess the wild feel like they stole a point

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Meh all those teams beating us without lindholm and manson, wins a win and at this point was much needed to boost the teams confidence really.

I thought we dominated most of the game, gibson let in a couple easy ones... id guess the wild feel like they stole a point
We had something like 23 to 1 SOG at one point and Wild fans were cheering when Wild got a shot on goal. They even accounted the #2 shot on goal even though it was before the center red line, although usually they don`t accounds shots from that area in the SOG count. Hats off to Eakins for this system, the previous 3 years were difficult.

Reactions: Getz2noone

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Fowler doesn't usually play on the PK. I'm very okay with that. MDZ earned 4:51 and Holzer earned 3:28 on the PK. I don't understand the dislike as MDZ and Holzer are clean in the plus/minus as well as helped to keep the PK clean on the boards. We won, our PK held, and Fowler was still effective, so I don't get the complaint and need for Fowler TOI boosting.

how did MDZ and/or holzer earn their time on the PK? not being sarcastic a genuine question as to how they "earn" it. They are not fantastic defensive players by any stretch of the imagination. the dislike of MDZ + Holzer isn't actually that I dislike them as players, its that I feel that they are being overused by Eakins especially in key scenarios. I can recount multiple times this season already where holzer + co were out during critical moments in the final few minutes of play when we have a healthy fowler + lindholm sitting on the bench. some right after a TV timeout so you know they were fresh. its decisions like those or having them out in the final minute that drive me bonkers.

As for your 2nd part about us winning, pk holding my personal belief is that you critique and improve on the process and as a result your results may improve. In my opinion we won in spite of those minutes not because of those minutes. Just the game previous we lost it on the PK, in the games before we also gave up a goal late. But for me its about the process not the result. Just because we won this game doesn't mean that it was the optimal way of deploying our guys.

Obviously this is just my opinion and my gripes. Not saying im correct, but i'd much rather see a lineup where we are playing our top 4 the minutes that they should be playing and minimizing our 3rd pairing. If we had a reliable guy instead of holzer i'd be more confident as I think MDZ is actually not that bad and that he's been a good pickup.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
In the last 10 games, Holzer has been on ice for 5 of the 33 goals against. He’s been on ice when 2 goals for were scored. He’s been pretty good lately for an unsheltered 6-7 guy IMO.

Lindholm has been on for 5 in the last 3 games, and 10 in the 8 he’s been back. Clearly they aren’t the same, but Holzer isn’t really losing us games.

Reactions: Lord Flashheart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad