Pre-Game Talk: GAME #31 - Canucks @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Edler never received a game misconduct. He received a 5 minute major and played the rest of the game after serving the penalty.

I suspect he'll get a fine. Maybe a game. And it would be deserved. With that said, I like that Edler can have something like that in him.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Unfortunately, I think they are going to use the Shaw suspension from last years playoffs as precedent. I expect he will get suspended. The league is a ****ing joke.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
That lineup would be hard pressed to beat Colorado, man LA is gonna slaughter us :cry:

Going to be tough - unlike the Yotes where at least you still stand a decent chance if the blueline plays up to it's ability and we get the usual goaltending.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
It's not like LA has been playing amazing hockey lately either. Their record in March isn't much better than the Canucks (7-5-0 vs. 5-4-2) and those 12 games have been part of a pretty easy schedule for them (9 of them at home and only 4 of the 12 against teams currently in a playoff spot).

The big difference is that LA has still been scoring whereas the Canucks' offense (especially the PP) is struggling.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Looks like Higgins is back in tomorrow, at least. Also some good news on Tanev.

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 39m
Following #Canucks optional, Higgins (back), Tanev (foot) say they expect to play against #Kings Saturday.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
OK... No Edler so:

Bieksa - Garrison
Tanev - Ballard
Alberts - Hamhuis

???

wait, I wold think the D pairs would be like

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Tanev
Barker Alberts

this is what I'm thinking, with Higgins drawing back into the lineup in place of Ballard.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Ramond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Ebbett Weise
Sestito Lapierre Gordon/Pinner

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I think we'll see Alberts in and who knows we might even play better with Edler out, he hasn't impressed me much this year although he has been switched around and I suspect he's got a lingering injury. Kings just lost a game so maybe they're in for a slump.

Ballard looked like he was having fun as a forward.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Honestly, I hope Ballard is a forward again. He has much more offensive vision than Booth, he drives to the net and he had a nice backhand that was so close.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
One thing that I haven't seen discussed is how the Sedin line manhandled the Kopitar line last game. Hank was pretty proud and vocal about his ability to shut down that line... can they keep it up? Will Kopitar's line be out out redeem themselves?

That should be a great match-up.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
One thing that I haven't seen discussed is how the Sedin line manhandled the Kopitar line last game. Hank was pretty proud and vocal about his ability to shut down that line... can they keep it up? Will Kopitar's line be out out redeem themselves?

Perhaps. But even then, the other LA lines will handily overpower the rest of ours. Especially the third.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Takes all five kings players to get the puck from hank.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Canucks will honor the late spirit of Alex 'Bricktop' Smithkiller and come out flying. They'll play with a giant chip on their shoulder and explode offensively.

2-1 Canucks... in regulation. Yeah, I went there.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
So I didn't want to create a new thread for this but I feel it could have its own discussion. I decided to just throw it out there in the thread cause it is going to get the most views and in a round about way it does pertain to the game about to be played, as it pertains to the LA Kings remarkable turn around.

I feel this season is good for the Canucks. I feel we should make every attempt to make it into the playoffs with the intention of winning the cup as a realistic goal. I believe that this adversity we are facing with injuries and bad luck\calls and most importantly with poor performances by our team to be a unifying and gravitating force. We really have to look no further than the team we are about to be facing, LA Kings, for that inspiration. The Canucks should have to work hard to get to the second season and to count their lucky stars they made it. Why not. The last two years we have coasted from March on and come away with two President Trophy wins, the rest of the NHL was in survival playoff mode. We could use that type of energy to fuel our playoffs.

I personally would just love it if we were an 8th seeded team facing off against the Blackhawks in the first round, I would love that

The Team does need a shake up, it needs to come in the form of a few different options and many of us are divided on what that is, but once we are whole and healthy we will still be missing a key ingredient. I like the idea of a pure sniper, but lets keep this post not about team needs. I will say though I really like what Sestito brings to the team, he has that fourth line swagger I like

Losing the Division to Minnesota this year could be a mixed blessing, making the playoffs as a 6th-8th seed is the wake up call we need to arouse the team. Maybe this is the beer talking and the silver lining rose coloured glasses, but I think this is what needs to happen for this team to succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad