GDT: Game 31: Canucks @ Coyotes | 3-21-13 | 7PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
He looked good. Positionally sound, excellent rebound control. Those weren't fluky wins.

Has he been doing well in Portland? From what I've seen on that thread he's mostly been injured this season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
"@azc_mclellan: #Coyotes holding team meeting."

Before the pressers

Still going on. When did the game officially end? Pretty long meeting. Labarbera looked disgusted as he skated off. Blew right past the guys on the ice.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@OfftheIce620: Visibly shaken Doan told media the #Coyotes have to be better. Every, single player. Guys had 20 min. meeting after game."

Usually means he was doing the yelling.

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Of course, if Mike Smith is lost for any length of time all bets are off. It's become clear the #Coyotes do not not trust Jason LaBarbera."

Last edited:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Of course, if Mike Smith is lost for any length of time all bets are off. It's become clear the #Coyotes do not not trust Jason LaBarbera."

Really interesting. What happened with that?

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I really wish Donald Fehr had fought to have this season ended.

At least if this season goes sour, we can get a good draft pick. I'd take that over no season and a crapshoot draft order.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Finally a few days without a game where Tip can squeeze in a few practices. The powerplay is just horrendous. The quick fix is that guys need to shoot, stop looking for the perfect pass. Every (rare) powerplay shot has led to an opportunity or scramble in front of the net.

A few days off also allows the Yotes to get healthy. Tip said both Z and Moss could be ready to go for Monday. We'll have to see where Smith stands. I don't believe there has been a game yet this season where the Yotes have had their full roster healthy.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Just got back. After those first 10 minutes,what I saw was the Coyotes playing a pretty even, if not a bit too wide open, game with the Canucks. What I also saw (again) was players with an inability to cash in on clean chances. Nothing at all wrong with their play in the offensive zone until the shot went either wide or into the goalie's stomach, or the puck was lost harmlessly just as it was in scoring position.

As for the "cheap shot" on Smith, I'll say as a Coyotes fan since 1996 that I don't think it even deserved a penalty. I laughed when I heard charging. Smith decided to hug the boards as an on-rushing player is going for the puck to play it. Edler didn't go high with the elbows or anything. Where was he supposed to go? You try to avoid contact, but the trapezoid is not some special area where only the goalie is allowed to go. Note that there was a make-up minor penalty on the Coyotes about a minute later that also shouldn't have been called.

I was really hoping for another magical playoff run instead of the team going quietly the route of the Thrashers. Sucks.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I was pretty pissed off at the arena but now that I'm at home and have seen multiple replays of it, by the rules it's a charging penalty against Edler, sure. A major instead of a minor? I'm not so sure. I said earlier that they'd "better suspend him" but now I don't think they should. He didn't make any attempt to slow down or stop, but it looks like he did try to get out of the way, there was just no room for him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I am pretty tired of Mike Smith's antics. They are an unnecessary distraction. I don't remember it being this bad last year.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Anybody get the feeling something that something is going to happen? Haven't seen the Coyotes organization take a loss so hard in years. 20 minute team meeting, Maloney wasn't even here to watch it, Mike Smith "pulled for examining" after looking completely fine after his encounter with Edler....Smith reportedly on the trade block..something fishy.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wonder why GMDM was in Pittsburgh.

They didn't play last night, or the night before. They do play tonight, but they're in Long Island. The Pens last home game was this past Tuesday vs. the Capitals.

I'd love to get our hands on Michal Neuvirth!

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Reading Tippett's comments about shot placement and it makes me think Ray Whitney really was the player that was the main difference maker last season. He was always in the right spot and put the puck in the right place. Right now they're aiming for chest and pads. Seems like o zone passing is just slow and sloppy too, giving the opposition goalie too much time.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So many passes were off the mark yesterday. Players were skating to the right spot but the puck was not there OR they bobbled it before shooting thus losing the chance.

There is a reason most of these guys are career 3rd and 4th liners. They are not very talented offensively. They are great in Tippetts system, the team scores by committee but it is still the same problem the team has had for years. There is no go to guy when you have to have a goal. Our best forward has 6 freakin goals. Not good enough to win.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Jason LaBarbara is the reason nobody wants to buy this team.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
NHL schedules hearing with Edler for charging Mike Smith

The NHL plans to have a chat with Edler, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, opening the door to a potential fine or suspension.

The hearing will be conducted over the phone, which means that Edler won’t be suspended for more than five games.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...s-hearing-with-edler-for-charging-mike-smith/

#Canucks Edler might not be avail to play on weekend, 6pm sched' #NHL phone hearing regarding charge on #Coyotes Smith near end of 2nd per

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/315081754480365569

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->