GDT: Game 31: Canucks @ Coyotes | 3-21-13 | 7PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

WELCOME TO THE FINALS OF THE NHL ALL STAR DIVING MEET; ALL OF OUR FINALISTS ARE FROM THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Canucks.jpg

1ST UP WE HAVE RYAN KESSLER ABOUT TO GIVE IT A GO

OH MY! WHAT WILL THE JUDGES SAY???

scorecard_216.jpg

NEXT UP WE HAVE DANIEL SEDIN

JUDGES????????

dancing-with-the-stars-judges.jpg

FINALLY WE HAVE ROBERTO LUONGO

JUDGES??????????

120430-ent-dwts-hmed.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER!

chara2.jpg

CONGRATS TO ALL OF OUR WINNERS IN THE TORUNEY

Messier1.jpg

blog_chicago_photographer_michaeljarecki_jonathan_toews_stanley_cup_blackhawks_captain.jpg

extralarge.png
[size=+2]@[/size]
extralarge.png

3X STANLEY CUP LOSERS(14-9-6) vs PHOENIX COYOTES (13-13-4)

Game 31 at the Jobing.com Arena: Glendale, Arizona

Jobing.Com-Arena-2-300x139.jpg

TV and Radio coverage provided by:

yk2sixbap2zxt83pisx4.jpeg

moneyradio1510dotcom.png

HEAD-TO-HEAD STATS

STATS | CANUCKS | COYOTES
POWER PLAY | 13.8% | 14.7%
PENALTY KILL | 81% | 82.4%
GOALS/GAME | 2.69 | 2.53
GOALS AGAINST/GAME | 2.66 | 2.73
FACE OFF WIN PERCENTAGE | 47.2 | 52.6
SHOTS/GAME | 28.9 | 30.7
SHOTS AGAINST/GAME | 28.3 | 28.5

NOTE: All lines are subject to change.

canucksdivingteam1.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
D. Sedin​
|
H. Sedin​
|
Burrows​
TBD​
|
TBD​
|
TBD​
Raymond​
|
Schroeder​
|
Hansen​
Higgins​
|
Lapierre​
|
Weise​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Hamhuis​
|
Alberts​
Elder​
|
Tanev​
Garrison​
|
Ballard​

Goalie​
Lunogo​

INJURIES AND SUCH

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020282&navid=sb:preview

Canucks forward Zack Kassian (back) logged only 2:48 of ice time in the first period Tuesday and did not return after getting in a fight with the Blues' Chris Stewart. Forward David Booth is out indefinitely with an ankle sprain, possibly for the season. Ryan Kesler (broken foot) is still weeks away

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Mikkel Boedker​
|
Antonie Vermette​
|
Shane Doan (C)
Steve Sullivan​
|
Matthew Lombardi(A)
|
Radim Vrbata​
David Moss(???)​
|
Boyd Gordon​
|
Lauri Korpikoski​
Robert Kilahammer​
|
Kyle Chipchura​
|
Raffi Torres​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Oliver Ekman-Larsson​
|
Derek Morris​
Keith Yandle (A)
|
David Schlemko​
Rostislav Klesla​
|
Michael Stone​

Goalie​
Mike Smith​

INJURIES AND SUCH

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020282&navid=sb:preview

Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek (lower body) could be back by Monday, while David Moss (lower body) sat out Tuesday's game and remains day-to-day.

TODAYS GAME DAY THREAD IS:

TIM THOMAS APPROVED

Last edited:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
VAN is a -110
Pho is at +100

Will Barbs be in the net tonight? I hope so, give Smith some practice time and he usually comes back to form.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Barbs usually plays well against Vancouver, so he might get the start. At this point it can't hurt.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Going to be there tonight. Let's hope they can take that third period against the Kings into this game. Good to see the captain being a captain and taking lead.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Sorry for being a bit slow, but what do the +/- and numbers mean?

Sorry I am a gambler so I like to throw the odds out to show how the betting public views our chances. "-" means your the favorite and "+" means you are the underdog; in this case, the Yotes are "small dogs".

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Same lines as Tuesday, Moss is a no go (and Z).

For the most part, it takes a while to get all the healthy lines up and running again but if they are not discouraged from Tuesday, we could be in for a game tonight. VAN is dealing with the injury bug so how that factors will be interesting. It could be a game of big boys versus a minor league club, or a team versus guys who want to prove something and dominate like they never have before.

Last edited:

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Sorry I am a gambler so I like to throw the odds out to show how the betting public views our chances. "-" means your the favorite and "+" means you are the underdog; in this case, the Yotes are "small dogs".

Also for those interested, they are out of 1000.

so a +100 means with a 10 bet, means your winnings are:

10 * (1000 + 100)/1000
10 * (1100)/1000
10 * 1.1

So you get your wager back and $11 winnings.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
With a regulation loss, playoff chances dip below 20%. Worse if Dallas wins. A loss to the Red Wings and this team is done. Players will be worried about the deadline in the midst of a brutal 3 game road trip. One more home game after that against LA before the deadline.

With Smith and pretty much every scorer ice cold, it doesn't look good.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yep, I thought the next two games are the tipping point in the season. I think if we win both (regulation), we'll make the playoffs, if we lose them both (regulation) we're out.

At this point, I don't trust Smith to get it back together, so I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

But if we're going to not make the playoffs, then at least let us be bottom 4 so that one of Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov is still there. I love Seth Jones, but man oh man do we need a skilled forward who can score. Boedker IMHO is more of a playmaker, not a finisher.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yep, I thought the next two games are the tipping point in the season. I think if we win both (regulation), we'll make the playoffs, if we lose them both (regulation) we're out.

At this point, I don't trust Smith to get it back together, so I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

But if we're going to not make the playoffs, then at least let us be bottom 4 so that one of Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov is still there. I love Seth Jones, but man oh man do we need a skilled forward who can score. Boedker IMHO is more of a playmaker, not a finisher.

The way I see it Jones/MacKinnon/Drouin are all interchangeable 1-3. I honestly couldn't rank them. Then Barkov/Monahan/Lindholm are all interchangeable 4-6. Again, too tough to rank. Valeri Nichushkin who i do not like at all is a darkhorse to potentially unseat on of those three four through six guys, meaning one could drop to seven. Ristolainen, Zadorov, and Nurse the potential to do the same. While they're fine prospects, they're D, so I hope they do. Again, we could potentially get on of Barkov, Lindholm or Monahan at seven or even maybe eight (though, I really doubt it).

Anyway, even in a Pejorative Slured 48games/99days joke of a season, where we've been killed with injuries, and Mike Smith is playing like crap, I cannot see a Dave Tippett team picking top ten. Just can't.

That said, if we are at number eleven, and the team at number six is desperate for a D prospect - I'd be willing to really, REALLY over pay to land that sixth pick. There is franchise center potential at six.

Last edited:

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
I would put a lot of money down on the Yotes if I was you guys. Andrew Gordon will be playing tonight and one of our Dmen as a forward. Players not playing will be:

Kesler (can't win dive of the year), Kassian, Higgins, Booth, Pinner (italien for dive) and replaced by Ebbett, Gordan, Schroeder, and most likely Alberts.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I would put a lot of money down on the Yotes if I was you guys. Andrew Gordon will be playing tonight and one of our Dmen as a forward. Players not playing will be:

Kesler (can't win dive of the year), Kassian, Higgins, Booth, Pinner (italien for dive) and replaced by Ebbett, Gordan, Schroeder, and most likely Alberts.

Wow.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada

Was coming here to say that, also that dive team gif is pretty damn funny.
I've already washed my hands of this game, will just be watching for the luls.

Good luck yotes.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
My prediction for tonight's game vs Vancouver

4-2 for the Coyotes, the Coyotes scoring will be started by Vermette. I also think Doan will have another big game 1 G 1 A.

We should really start a predictions thread!

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
It would be funny if a bunch of people at the game tonight had this and waved it whenever a Canuck went on the ice...

220px-Van_Halen_-_Diver_Down.jpg

or a real flag if not the Van Halen album cover.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Win the ****ing game. I don't care how you do it, just get it done.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
:laugh: enjoyed the GDT, thought Kesler deserved better than a 5 there :D

linup for the Canucks

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Weise Ebbett Ballard
Sestito Lapierre Gordon

Hamhuis Garrison
Edler Bieksa
Barker Tanev

Schneider

:lol:

good luck guys

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Also for those interested, they are out of 1000.

so a +100 means with a 10 bet, means your winnings are:

10 * (1000 + 100)/1000
10 * (1100)/1000
10 * 1.1

So you get your wager back and $11 winnings.

No...

+110 -> wager 100 to win 110

-110 -> wager 110 to win 100.

And so on.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Did Walsh and Nash seriously just say that kings fans chanting 'Shane Doan sucks' was out of love and respect for him? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->