Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 B's beat the Coyotes yet again - BEEP BEEP!!! - BRUINS 4 Arizona 3 F

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Gotta keep rolling with the Ws.

I think it's safe to say Buffalo seems for real this year and we know Toronto and Tampa are going to bring it. I also never count Florida out.

It wasn't pretty but they are getting points in rough times with a banged up roster.

Nice job boys!

I`m nowhere sold on the Sabres being there when all is said and done, think they just lost 5 in a row prior to beating the Kings in OT last night

I think we`ll see them and the Isles fall out of the playoffs with the Penguins and Panthers trending upwards as the season progresses

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Backes is more important to this team than folks on this board think.
I think everyone understands the value Backes brings, I think many simply don't think its worth 6M. Backes at 3M and no one would say anything but at 6M it impacts future trade possibilities.

Reactions: TD Charlie

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Both Buffalo and Montreal seem to be coming back down to earth just as we seem to be catching a groove. It's almost time to start wild card watching.
Is it wrong that I don't want Montreal to crash and burn as it would improve their draft position? Preferably, miss the playoffs by a point or two while trading some future assets at the trade deadline for short term fixes? Is that asking to much from the hockey gods?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Is it wrong that I don't want Montreal to crash and burn as it would improve their draft position? Preferably, miss the playoffs by a point or two while trading some future assets at the trade deadline for short term fixes? Is that asking to much from the hockey gods?

Considering the way the hockey gods have treated the Bruins this season, yes it is asking too much! :rant:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
im glad hes putting up points but am i the only one that finds marchand's "hold onto the puck and dangle the entire arena," annoying.. i think every time he actually passed he got an assist.. so many giveaways last night...
really liked the young guns line last night.

Since Bergeron went down Marchand has been mostly flash and little finish. He went full Sergei Samsonov overnight, but he seems to have come back from it just as quick

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Backes is more important to this team than folks on this board think.
I love DB and was extatic when he signed with the B's. I don't even have a problem with his contract. I have seen a lot of Bruin players getting way more than they are worth and don't consider DB one of them!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fun game to watch in person. Was there with my coyotes fan 12 year old son. Had a great time, was happy and sad. Happy the Bruins won, sad to see my son dejected after being elated after the first period.

Seemed to me the Coyotes were faster and taking pucks away at will. With the exception of that 5 minute or so stretch the Bruins were thoroughly out played in my opinion

My son did get a warm up puck from his favorite player Oliver Ekman Larsson though. When did they start putting the team match-up and date on the warm up pucks?

Other than in the playoffs this is the first year the B's have had special pucks for each game. Before the pre game pucks said AT&T.

I am happy you and your son saw a win.

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Other than in the playoffs this is the first year the B's have had special pucks for each game. Before the pre game pucks said AT&T.

I am happy you and your son saw a win.

I was happy for the Bruins win, but sad for my son who was really pumped about the Coyotes actually playing well and having a lead for the first time in a game we've been to at the Garden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad