Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 B's beat the Coyotes yet again - BEEP BEEP!!! - BRUINS 4 Arizona 3 F

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Brad Marchand Jokes About David Backes’ Looks After Taking Skate To Face

“Always scary when you see a teammate get a skate in the face, or really anywhere,” Marchand said. “He looks a little prettier now and he came back, he’s fine. He’s a warrior, so good to see him back out there.”
A busted face also apparently didn’t stop Backes from addressing the locker room after the first period, which concluded with the Coyotes leading 2-0. Marchand has great respect for Backes as a leader, but praise from Marchand, of course, can’t come without jokes.
“He’s very good at that. He’s very vocal and loves to hear himself speak,” Marchand said. “No, he’s great at that. He’s a great leader, he has been for a long time. We’re just trying to piggyback off him.”

That must have been some speech!!

Backes is more important to this team than folks on this board think.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Pasta during his post-game "I've played with Krej, he's an amazing playmaker"

Weird he says that because according to some on these boards they have no chemistry and Krejci is a bum :huh:

You seen the chemistry between the two of them at the World Championship. First game they played in they lit up the scoreboard. IIRC.

Anyhoo another two points and Habs get blown out. Life is good today.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Not a masterpiece but 2 points in the bank. Nice to get a couple days off before a big stretch of 3 games (Pens, Sabres, Habs)

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
sports1212.png

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
im glad hes putting up points but am i the only one that finds marchand's "hold onto the puck and dangle the entire arena," annoying.. i think every time he actually passed he got an assist.. so many giveaways last night...
really liked the young guns line last night.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Forever a No. 2 center in Boston, David Krejci is raising his game in Patrice Bergeron’s absence - The Boston Globe

David Krejci played it like a veteran, when asked about his promotion to No. 1 center.

“We need our best players to be in the lineup,” he said of Patrice Bergeron, whose absence is one of the factors that finds him centering Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak. “At the same time, this is what we’ve got, and you’ve just got to grind it out.”
Krejci’s grit — and heaps of his trademark wizardry — was on full display Tuesday, in his 800th career game.

He registered three assists in Boston’s 4-3 win over the Coyotes, bending time and space with the puck on his stick. Coach Bruce Cassidy called him “outstanding,” after a game filled with slick setups and crafty plays with his star linemates.

Bruins’ rapid rally turns back Coyotes - The Boston Globe

Bruins superstars Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak have played nearly four weeks of hockey without Patrice Bergeron, their injured, world-class linemate.

The veteran playmaker, the second-line center for several years here, has stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the elite wingers the last three-plus games. They did the heavy lifting in the Bruins’ 4-3 win against the Coyotes on Tuesday at TD Garden.

Krejci, who played in his 800th career game, and his linemates produced three of Boston’s four goals in the second period, putting Boston in front for good. Pastrnak scored once, Marchand twice, and Krejci set up all three. Nine points combined on Tuesday, and 23 over the last four games (seven goals, 16 assists).

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
That was a good game I went.

I don't think its a bad idea to think about putting Bergy with JDB and someone else when he returns.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Gotta keep rolling with the Ws.

I think it's safe to say Buffalo seems for real this year and we know Toronto and Tampa are going to bring it. I also never count Florida out.

It wasn't pretty but they are getting points in rough times with a banged up roster.

Nice job boys!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Both Buffalo and Montreal seem to be coming back down to earth just as we seem to be catching a groove. It's almost time to start wild card watching.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
That first goal was pretty impressive.
First that back hand saucer pass by Karlsson was sweet, but then Heinen stops it with his skate, puts it on his stick and scores in a
bang bang play. There will be growing pains for sure, but hopefully they continue to mesh and improve.

Almost forgot about Backes.
That guy is an unbelievable warrior and leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

“Always scary when you see a teammate get a skate in the face, or really anywhere,” Marchand said. “He looks a little prettier now and he came back, he’s fine. He’s a warrior, so good to see him back out there.”
A busted face also apparently didn’t stop Backes from addressing the locker room after the first period, which concluded with the Coyotes leading 2-0. Marchand has great respect for Backes as a leader, but praise from Marchand, of course, can’t come without jokes.
“He’s very good at that. He’s very vocal and loves to hear himself speak,” Marchand said. “No, he’s great at that. He’s a great leader, he has been for a long time. We’re just trying to piggyback off him.”

For all the abuse this man's body takes for this team, and the leadership & heart that he brings, I don't care how much that contract costs.. F***ing WARRIOR on and off the ice. He's like a freakin' Viking.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
When healthy, this team is a winger away from being very very good. To see DK whip up some old school magic when he has solid wingers says a lot.

After seeing this, it seems to me that we are wasting DKs talent without giving him the tools he needs.

DS, get this man a solid winger! STAT!

Reactions: BMC and smack66

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

After the game, Brad Marchand couldn’t help but throw a friendly jab at his teammate who will sport a battle wound on his mug for the time being.

:laugh::toothless:lol:

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Fun game to watch in person. Was there with my coyotes fan 12 year old son. Had a great time, was happy and sad. Happy the Bruins won, sad to see my son dejected after being elated after the first period.

Seemed to me the Coyotes were faster and taking pucks away at will. With the exception of that 5 minute or so stretch the Bruins were thoroughly out played in my opinion

My son did get a warm up puck from his favorite player Oliver Ekman Larsson though. When did they start putting the team match-up and date on the warm up pucks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad