HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
X3RHkWy.jpg

Czo-aKxWEAE5wYt.jpg:large

img.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Brad Watson (23), Chris Schlenker (48)
Linesmen Derek Amell (75), Steve Barton (59)

Ntl. Anthem Jeff Jimerson

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Penguins tonight in the 1st of 3 games between these teams and the 1st of 2 Boston visits this season to PPG Paints Arena … The Bruins are 16-12-2 thus far this season with a 9-5-2 mark on the road … They are 4-2-2 vs. Metropolitan Division
opponents and are 12-7-2 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are opening tonight their 6th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are 2-2-1 in the 1st of those games and are
1-4-0 in the 2nd game thus far.

They are playing game 2 tonight of their 8th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights … They are 4-3-1 in game 1s, 2-4-1 in game 2s and 3-3-0 in game 3s of those series so far.

BOSTON vs PITTSBURGH, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Penguins are meeting for the 199th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 110-61-21-6 record and 757-603 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 44-39-15-2 in their 100 road games of this lifetime series with the a 351-333 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins have taken points out of their last 8 games vs. the Penguins at 7-0-1 with their last regulation loss to Pittsburgh a 3-2 road setback on Oct. 30, 2013 … They have won their last 3 games in Pittsburgh.

Fun Fact: These teams entered last night’s games as the league’s top 2 shot producers in the NHL this season with Pittsburgh averaging an NHL-high 34.6 shots per game and the Bruins tied for 2nd at 33.0 … They also boast the NHL’s top two goal scorers this
season in Sidney Crosby (21) and David Pastrnak (18).

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Matt Grzelcyk is looking to play his 1st NHL game tonight.
Zdeno Chara is playing his 1,300th NHL game tonight.
Dominic Moore is 4 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.
Jimmy Hayes is 4 points short of his 100th NHL point.

bingocard_02_mwrbxeth.png

:bruins:pens

Last edited:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Bruins have had success against the Pens lately, I think they win tonight.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
That bingo board :laugh: Well done!

Edit: Was something related to Crosby being Ah-Maz-ing too much of a given?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I see that Grzelcyk is in there instead of McQuaid. Is McQuaid hurt from that turnbuckle check in the Montreal game?

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Bruins have had success against the Pens lately, I think they win tonight.

Yup, we manhandled them last year. They couldn't do anything in all 3 games.

After the Bruins beat Pittsburgh in December, they went winless for 9 weeks against good teams.

I think the rest of this month is obviously important if we want to sneak into the playoffs but we have to have a better second half to the season.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I see that Grzelcyk is in there instead of McQuaid. Is McQuaid hurt from that turnbuckle check in the Montreal game?

Not sure but Claude said he and Krug are available tonight so I'm guessing it's nothing serious.

Or maybe they are trading him after the game. :popcorn:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Yup, we manhandled them last year. They couldn't do anything in all 3 games.

After the Bruins beat Pittsburgh in December, they went winless for 9 weeks against good teams.

I think the rest of this month is obviously important if we want to sneak into the playoffs but we have to have a better second half to the season.

After this week the schedule is pretty favorable in December. If they could go 2-2 or 2-1-1 this week it would be a good week.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Not sure but Claude said he and Krug are available tonight so I'm guessing it's nothing serious.

Or maybe they are trading him after the game. :popcorn:

I didn't notice that Krug was missing from the defense pairings posted above. I could use a game off from wanting to throw something at the TV when Krug doesn't come close to hitting the net on his point shots.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I didn't notice that Krug was missing from the defense pairings posted above. I could use a game off from wanting to throw something at the TV when Krug doesn't come close to hitting the net on his point shots.

He had a good game against Montreal but I think he just needs to shoot less. Currently second on the team in shots and those are the ones that actually hit the net.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm one of those simpleton fans that enjoys seeing goals scored, so I have enjoyed watching the Pens of late. I know the Bruins had success against them last year, but the Pens team they faced wasn't the same team that went on to win the Cup.

They are fast, balanced, and have multiple guys that know how to finish.

I'm curious to see what kind of game plan Julien comes up with. The Bruins can't match their speed nor their firepower, and they aren't going to bully anybody anymore.

This is a game they can win, though; if they do, I would imagine the conversation afterward would revolve around Rask stealing the game.

Very sad to hear about Alan Thicke. I used to never be able to get the theme song to Facts of Life out of my head.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow. Looking at your FB the prices are pretty damn good.

Open 24 hours a day and is always packed.

Pittsburgh is a good road trip stop. The city refused to die when the steel mills left and is doing fine today unlike other rust belt cities.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
In the past, Tuukka has had the Pens' number. Hopefully that continues tonight.

Not looking forward to NBC or that annoying horn....the mute button will be used often.

GO BRUINS!!!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I can totally see them beating the Habs and Pens after losing to the Avs and Leafs. I think we're in for these swings this year. I'm liking this team though. Work in progress.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Love the Doc/Edzo/Regis Bingo. Most overrated crew I've ever heard. Doc might as well be Doc Gooden, that's how long ago he lost his fastball. Edzo is a Bruins hating Penguin boot licker. Regis is well . . . Regis. Every once in a while he spouts gold, but damn you have to sit through a lot of boring minutia to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->