GDT: Game 30: Flyers @ Sabres - 12/8 1pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

steveoath

GHC 141
Jul 31, 2018
Dreadful performance. Sam and Skinner..... what did they do today? I expected more from them. But a wholesale dire game.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Let's be honest and realistic, up until 5 games ago, Buffalo over-achieved in a big way.

This team isn't further along than the 15-20 range.
Which would still be a huge improvement. I've never thought they'd improve by the 35 points necessary to compete for a playoff spot.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pommer off that line is a big mistake IMO

Yep, because even if he is relatively cold on that line, it means he might be able to convert on what Skinner-Eichel can do with their feet. When he's not with dynamic skaters, it becomes apparent just how done he is.

Reactions: Gordo21

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think he was one of the least problems out there. In fact, I put this loss squarely on the non-effort we saw from pretty much every forward on the ice.

I don't disagree that he wasn't the biggest problem, but that's more because I only liked a handful of players tonight

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if this is like last season - a bit too much time on their hands at home, so some pour, err poor off-ice habits leave a lot of guys unable to perform?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
How's that? Pretty general statement!

iirc that was in respect to slapping a puck around the boards while unpressured

he had a dman open on the goal line and instead turned it over when the flyer at the blueline grabbed it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->