GDT: Game #30 - BRUINS at Poutineville 12/12 7:30 PM - NESN, NHL (US), SN, RDS, WZLX 100.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
F9yJEov.jpg

Czerb0vWIAAAzU0.jpg:large

bell-centre-header.JPG

Officiels/Tonight's Officials

Arbitres/Referees Brad Meier (34), Kyle Rehman (10)
Juges de ligne/Linesmen Bevan Mills (53), Shandor Alphonso (52)

Hymnes nationaux/Ntl. Anthem Christian Belleau

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Canadiens tonight in the 3rd of 4 games between these teams and the 2nd and final Boston visit of the season to Bell Centre … The Bruins are 15-12-2 thus far this season with an 8-5-2 mark on the road … They are 7-5-0 vs. Atlantic Division
opponents and are 11-7-2 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

Austin Czarnik is celebrating his 24th birthday today.

CzfGzhOXgAE-WxO.jpg:large

BOSTON vs MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for an NHL record 737th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 273-351-103-9 record and Montreal holding a 2,232-1,938 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 108-210-47-3 in their 368 road games of this lifetime series with the Canadiens having a 1,228-866 scoring advantage in those contests.

INJURIES (81 total man-games lost)

Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 4 games
John-Michael Liles – Concussion; Has missed 7 games

MILESTONES APPROACHING
Zdeno Chara is 2 games short of his 1,300th NHL game..
Dominic Moore is 4 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.
Jimmy Hayes is 4 points short of his 100th NHL point

**** THE HABS

Last edited:

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I typed this out then the thread was closed so posting it here.

Seriously, what the hell happened to Krug?

14 and 12 goals his 1st 2 NHL seasons.

Last season he had 4. This season he's on pace for the same or less.
5 million a year; had me fooled thinking it was a solid contract at the time of signing...

I've been a big Krug defender in the past but we're not paying him big bucks just to play a defensive game. People can say he has a new defensive role on the team but that doesn't excuse his horrible shot percentage that gets worse every year.

Heinen - Bergeron - Backes
Marchand - Spooner - Pastrnak
Schaller - Krejci - Czarnik
Nash - Moore - Randell

I don't know why people want Marchand and Pastrnak on the same line. They are the only 2 goal scorers on the team and Pastrnak is taking away shots from Marchand. They can both still score without the other player on their line.

On paper, that should be the worst forward unit in the league.

Meanwhile, the same unit posted an 10 spot on Saturday night.

Habs could dress 2/3 of the St. John's Icecaps and still give the Bruins a hard time.

Montreal is a 1 line team right now. Maybe with the change in lines the Bruins can double that and be a 2 line team. We need Bergeron to shut down their top line tonight to have a chance.

You cannot compare any other business to professional sports. This analogy is often tried and its not close to comparable.

Okay, we can compare the Bruins with other teams/sports but people have excuses as to why that comparison doesn't work either.

At 29, Sidney Crosby is having the best goal scoring pace of his career since a new coach came in. Kessel and others on the Penguins have also turned it around in that time frame.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I try to be positive about this game but 3 things in life are certain, death, taxes and the Bruins losing to the f****** Habs.

For the love of god score some f******* goals for f**** sake.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Need some points to keep pace. Crazy we could be in second with a win.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I try to be positive about this game but 3 things in life are certain, death, taxes and the Bruins losing to the f****** Habs.

For the love of god score some f******* goals for f**** sake.

I've been labeled a Hab's fan on here for many years because I was willing to admit that the Habs are built to beat the Bruins and do a great job of it.

However, if there's a game that the Bruins can win, it's tonight.

Due to injuries, we're missing 1 offensive player with 5 points on the year.

Montreal is missing Galchenyuk who has scored 23 points this season.

Montreal is stacked on their 1st line but the rest of the lineup has Brendan Gallagher and not much else.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don't understand why everyone complains about Krug not scoring like he's a sniper or something. He's top 5 on the team in points, he's not even close to our problem offensively, Dominic Moore being 3rd on the ****ing team in scoring should be the real concern right now. Where's the rest of our offense...

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Can't have both McQuaid and K. Miller in the lineup tonight or else we are going to pay. That being said, we all know that as long as those guys are healthy enough to play they will always be in the lineup under Julien.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't understand why everyone complains about Krug not scoring like he's a sniper or something. He's top 5 on the team in points, he's not even close to our problem offensively.

As I've said before, I don't understand the constant *****ing about Krug. Yeah, I'd like him to score more but the complaints about him are more exaggerated than anyone else on the team IMO.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
As I've said before, I don't understand the constant *****ing about Krug. Yeah, I'd like him to score more but the complaints about him are more exaggerated than anyone else on the team IMO.

Exactly. Since when did the definition of an offensive defenseman shift from someone who gets points to someone who scores goals? Give me 5 goals 35 assists or 15 goals 25 assists, he still got in on 40 goals...

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Exactly. Since when did the definition of an offensive defenseman shift from someone who gets points to someone who scores goals? Give me 5 goals 35 assists or 15 goals 25 assists, he still got in on 40 goals...

Even if it's subconscious, it is hard to believe that a lot of it isn't him lighting up the Rangers during the playoffs as soon as he came up in 2013. He set the bar for himself super high and I think some still are having a difficult time accepting that was not going to be sustainable and he wasn't going to be a small Bobby Orr.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I hear you, we "should" beat them, but you know what is going to happen.

The Bruins are going to come out guns blazing and out-shoot them 20-3 in the first period and be tied 0-0. The commentators for me anyways in Canada will say Carey Price is the best player on the planet and future Hart winner and so on and so on.

The Bruins will come out flat in the 2nd and get into penalty trouble while giving up a couple goals.

They will be down about 2-0 or 3-0 in the 3rd and come out with tonnes of shots and score one goal to get our hopes up then proceed to let in a softy or get a penalty for something that shouldn't be a penalty.

God I hope I am wrong but I have seen this sitcom before, I hope I am wrong I really do but when it happens over and over again the future is easy to predict.

How can that s*** lineup put up 10 goals against the worst team in the league and the Bruins get their a**** handed to them by the same team.

Also stop forcing it to the point, if you don't have a play keep it down low.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I hear you, we "should" beat them, but you know what is going to happen.

The Bruins are going to come out guns blazing and out-shoot them 20-3 in the first period and be tied 0-0. The commentators for me anyways in Canada will say Carey Price is the best player on the planet and future Hart winner and so on and so on.

The Bruins will come out flat in the 2nd and get into penalty trouble while giving up a couple goals.

They will be down about 2-0 or 3-0 in the 3rd and come out with tonnes of shots and score one goal to get our hopes up then proceed to let in a softy or get a penalty for something that shouldn't be a penalty.

God I hope I am wrong but I have seen this sitcom before, I hope I am wrong I really do but when it happens over and over again the future is easy to predict.

How can that s*** lineup put up 10 goals against the worst team in the league and the Bruins get their a**** handed to them by the same team.

Also stop forcing it to the point, if you don't have a play keep it down low.

I can barely a remember a game against the Habs going any other way.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
5-1 Habs.

Andrew Shaw bullies the entire Bruins team, Emelin smashes everything in sight and the Bruins basically fold up like an accordion.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

He has the second most shots on the team in the past 2 years (330). In this time frame he has more shots than Marchand but only has scored 5 goals. Not sure how you don't see this as a problem.

Like I said, I'm a Krug defender and I like how he gets about a point every other game but having the worst shot percentage on the team 2 years in a row is not what the Bruins expected.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He has the second most shots on the team in the past 2 years (330). In this time frame he has more shots than Marchand but only has scored 5 goals. Not sure how you don't see this as a problem.

Like I said, I'm a Krug defender and I like how he gets about a point every other game but having the worst shot percentage on the team 2 years in a row is not what the Bruins expected.

It's also not sustainable. I don't see it as a problem since he's still clearly getting chances, I would be much more nervous if he had say 200 shots in that time frame and only 5 goals, because not only is he not scoring, he's not getting as many opportunities. Like I said, he is 5th on the team in points right now. I'm not sure how everyone IS seeing it as a problem.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They're either going to continue to scratch and claw for 3rd in the division or fall off the cliff.

This week could be a turning point one way or another.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I honestly think it's a non-issue. I see Krug as a very nice piece for the present and future Bruins. I'm not going to fret over that statistic with him.

He's a defenseman. He's still contributing to as many goals, even if he's not scoring them directly. As I said, "exaggerated" issue. Perhaps even a nonexistent one.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth

I love Krug's game. I like having the threat of offense play back and he moves the puck quite well. It makes a lot of sense to have a piece like Krug on an NHL team and he's had a good career thus far.

However, this season there have been many instances where he has been a defensive liability. I sit in the corner balcony where I can appreciate the positional game and I feel like Krug's guys are potting goals fairly consistently. Numerous occasions he's been the guy standing in front of the net while the other team hammers home a backdoor goal. Before this year I've had little issue with him, but I can't get over the amount of times he's out there during preventable goals.

I just looked at the plus/minus and he's tied for second-to-last with Krejci (who, may I add, has been a ghost out on the ice).

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
In anything in life negative thoughts attract a negative outcome.
Think positive ...
B's for the win!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I love Krug's game. I like having the threat of offense play back and he moves the puck quite well. It makes a lot of sense to have a piece like Krug on an NHL team and he's had a good career thus far.

However, this season there have been many instances where he has been a defensive liability. I sit in the corner balcony where I can appreciate the positional game and I feel like Krug's guys are potting goals fairly consistently. Numerous occasions he's been the guy standing in front of the net while the other team hammers home a backdoor goal. Before this year I've had little issue with him, but I can't get over the amount of times he's out there during preventable goals.

I just looked at the plus/minus and he's tied for second-to-last with Krejci (who, may I add, has been a ghost out on the ice).

Hmmm...definitely haven't noticed that as much.

That's honestly how I feel about McQuaid, but I am aware there's probably some confirmation bias there.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

David Krejci is YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE for why oft-used theory of "his skating can decline because speed has never been a part of his game" is an unfounded argument.

See: Loui Eriksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->