GDT: Game 30: Arizona Sole Survivors @ Philadelphia Lone Wanderers | 12/5/19 17:00 MST | FS-A

What’s your opinion of Gritty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Game wasn’t as poorly played as the shots total indicated. Flyers were maddeningly good at having guys and sticks right where they needed to be. They were a split second faster a lot of the time. We also had some bad luck with missed shots and redirects etc. We had a bunch of rebound opportunities that were almost but not quite glorious. I’m okay with the game overall.

Kuemper is maybe the best goalie in the league?

I actually liked OEL’s dive. Cagey vet move. Great judgement by the captain late in the game to wrap things up. Brilliant play. If you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin’. RE: OEL - is he leading all D in missed shots yet? Will he EVER hit the net again?

Ilya Lyubushkin is the worst defenseman in the NHL. He’s a f***ing train-wreck.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
After tonight's 2 PP goals, we now have the 9th best PP.

tenor (14).gif

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Oh man, short n8, Kuemper catched my dreams also :laugh:

Yeah, we saw outshooting and aggressive Coyotes in the first month, and hard fighting, amazing goaltending and a little lazy offensive in the second.

In both months every game was a tough one, we dont have the offensive qualitiy to get 7:2, 6:1, 5:0... but we even dont loose games after the first period. In the past there where so many high losses, you could turn off the tv after 15-20 minutes.
This seems to be over, and i absolutely enjoy it!!
Is it enough for the playoffs!? Nobody can tell you yet. The team is so dependent of his goalies, sometimes the PP looks like a childs birthday, .. but it also very hard to play against the Coyotes.
Is this entertaining!?
I think it is, i like the way this team is going, even there is much work to do.

Let‘s Go Coyotes!

Reactions: Edenjung

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Pretty much a horrible game...

If u dont look at the mistakes... Philly played like we did at the start if the year ... overwhelming suffocating checking ... sticks in the lanes .. skate hard every shift.

I think for the Yotes and the schedule... we are gassed ... Nov schedule is catching up to us..

However this has to be one of the worst games ( leafs game by far worse) we have played so far..

I said in another thread the team needs to practice their shooting..

After watching this spectacle these guys need to practice their passing. I have never seen a game where we just handed the puck over time and time again like this game

Philly was good sure... but we really beat ourselves ...its nothing short of a miracle we won..

If we cant get it together I anticipate a blowout against Pittsburgh.

Also not sure we handle prosperity... so expect a blow out in any case because we are in first

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
1/3/1 and 1/2/2 forecheck is not good. Not at all good. We risk the whole game up by one. Constantly outplayed when holding the lead playing that dinosaur prevent coverage.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Pretty much a horrible game...

If u dont look at the mistakes... Philly played like we did at the start if the year ... overwhelming suffocating checking ... sticks in the lanes .. skate hard every shift.

I think for the Yotes and the schedule... we are gassed ... Nov schedule is catching up to us..

However this has to be one of the worst games ( leafs game by far worse) we have played so far..

I said in another thread the team needs to practice their shooting..

After watching this spectacle these guys need to practice their passing. I have never seen a game where we just handed the puck over time and time again like this game

Philly was good sure... but we really beat ourselves ...its nothing short of a miracle we won..

If we cant get it together I anticipate a blowout against Pittsburgh.

Also not sure we handle prosperity... so expect a blow out in any case because we are in first
WOW- nothing like a Debbie Downer... WTF? Have you not been following this team the last fricking 5 years??

If this is sarcasm, you did good. What's the ol' saying, "you can't win the SC in Oct, Nov, Dec- but you sure can lose it."

I like where we are. GO 'Yotes!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This was a Tippett game... and i for one loved it. Everyone is hating but sometimes you find a way to win, and they did. Offense needs to click better but this ****ing game you build off of. We're only mad because this lack of offense has been an unfortunate case of consistency due to the November hangover.

The back to backs we've had to endure have been killer, and its going to happen again tomorrow. Big night for Phil, even though he had an EN, still a two goal night that he can build some confidence off of going against the team that he has something to prove against.

I know we're upset...but we are in first place in the Pacific nearly half way through the season. We have a LONGGGG way to go, but let's embrace this while we can. We have a team that is finding ways to win through one of the most difficult stretches we have seen in years. I'm proud of em. LFG
The problem is that this type of game didn't happen once or twice this year, it has been happening in almost every game. Our goalies are the reason we are in first place, no other reason.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Our goalies are the reason we are in first place, no other reason.

Disagree. Yes, goal tending has been huge, but you can't discount that overall the team is playing better. We are sometimes out shot by a large margin. For the season it's a 90 shot deficit, which is a statistically insignificant 3 per game.

More importantly, the goals per game are at a 6-year high, and goals allowed at a 6-year low. Overall, the team is playing better and finding ways to win.

upload_2019-12-6_9-16-4.png

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What I will say about our powerplay is that when we actually get it set up it does not look too bad, and is pretty decent...

We just never get it ****ing set up

I know our PP sometimes looks like a train wreck, but it's 9th best in the league.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
1/3/1 and 1/2/2 forecheck is not good. Not at all good. We risk the whole game up by one. Constantly outplayed when holding the lead playing that dinosaur prevent coverage.
So you think they can sustain a 2-1-2 all season long?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I find reading the prevailing negativity around here humorous. Phil Kessel said it best in the post game: Our goalies have been great - making big saves when they need to and we're finding ways to win. Paraphrasing on all this, but from there he basically said we have plenty to improve on and hopefully they will be "there" in the end.

Phil knows hockey, Phil knows the NHL, Phil is not worried, Phil is correct.

Enjoy the process, be more like Phil. :)

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Disagree. Yes, goal tending has been huge, but you can't discount that overall the team is playing better. We are sometimes out shot by a large margin. For the season it's a 90 shot deficit, which is a statistically insignificant 3 per game.

More importantly, the goals per game are at a 6-year high, and goals allowed at a 6-year low. Overall, the team is playing better and finding ways to win.

View attachment 287377
Don't let Jakey and the great goal tending mantra/Stepan hate get to you:) We are a very good team on D, to lead the NHL in GAA you have to have both great goal tending and team D. When Hammer is back we will be even better on D. the uptick from Osterle/Bush/ness, name your border line NHL D man to the best SAH D in the NHL is a monstrous gap of improvement. Although OEL has not been great on D, Demers and Goose have been really good, and Chych has been steadily improving on D. Chych has been really good in our own zone the last 3 games.

Reactions: MIG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->